Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: :Need help with biomes"  (Read 571 times)

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
:Need help with biomes"
« on: July 02, 2011, 10:44:42 pm »

Where should I embark if I want to fight bears and capture a Roc?
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
Re: :Need help with biomes"
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 10:47:15 pm »

Rocs are megabeasts, so you should be able to have them appear anywhere...right?

If in doubt, use legends/adventure mode to figure out where a roc can be found and then embark in a forest as close to the lair as possible.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 11:00:02 pm »

As pointed out, Rocs are megabeasts, so normal biome restrictions don't apply to them.

As for the bears, I'll just repost my list of what creatures are found in what biomes:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Note - I don't guarantee this is 100% accurate, there's some guesswork on my part as to what some of the raw tokens mean, and subterranean creatures don't seem to obey good/evil/benign/savage biome restrictions like other creatures do.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 12:21:03 pm »

Oh, so megabeast do show up anywhere. Cool.
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.