Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: noob help with GCS.....  (Read 419 times)

Lezard

• Bay Watcher
  • Detests !!Caravans!! for their terrifing antics.
    • View Profile
noob help with GCS.....
« on: July 02, 2011, 09:02:06 am »

I'm trying to get some GCS on my cage traps but when it's collected it turns to silk and when i try to have it dumped nobody goes near it...don't tell be that I've got to actually catch a giant cave spider and apply it directly :-/
Currently I have "The Breached Anus of brides"  sounds like a disastrous honey moon.
Exactly. Ethics in DF are very realistic - trivial and pointlessly selectively ex/inclusive.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: noob help with GCS.....
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 09:02:59 am »

The only way to get giant cave spider silk on a cage trap is to have a giant cave spider apply it directly.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 09:08:28 am »

I'm not sure if I understand the question, what turns to silk when what is collected, apply what directly?  ???

If you want to farm giant cave spider webs you'll need to force the spider to use its web attack, wich it uses on combat. You'd have to tame the thing and have it attack hostiles, or leave it wild and let it aim at a useless domestic animal target.
Also in order for the spider to fight it needs to be able to path to the target if I recall.
Once it used it's web attack you can have your weaver(s) collect the giant cave spider silk thread to be spun left by the web attack.

I've never industrialised giant cave spiders before but I have some basic experience after some unfortunate accidents. I hope this answers your question, else I'd help if I understood the question. :)

Oh wait did you mean the trick of webbing a target ontop a cage trap to have the cage  trap sprung even if the target is immune to said trap?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 09:11:12 am by Jelle »

Lezard

• Bay Watcher
  • Detests !!Caravans!! for their terrifing antics.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 09:16:13 am »

Gosh Darn it! I'll have to go back to cave ins (which seem to inevitably kill these blasted elves) and z level drops (which seem to inevitably kill these blasted elves) , even my grandmother could survive a bloody 2z level drop ffs....

thanks for the info.

@jelle

Yes I'm trying to get webs onto cage traps but when the webs are collected by weavers they are collected as silk. So it appears I need to catch a giant cave spider first.
Currently I have "The Breached Anus of brides"  sounds like a disastrous honey moon.
Exactly. Ethics in DF are very realistic - trivial and pointlessly selectively ex/inclusive.