Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Gems and cages  (Read 789 times)

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
Gems and cages
« on: July 02, 2011, 09:59:35 am »

My dwarves will NOT stockpile large gems or cages. The only time they move cages are upon build orders, and trap reloads. They wont put it into any stock pile at ALL. Also, they wont put large gems in stock piles, even when I have them enabled. Its no big deal, but it does get annoying.

Dora Feddy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gems and cages
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 10:06:06 am »

Cages go into the animal stockpile. Are you trying to put them in furniture or something?

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 10:08:22 am »

I have an animal stockpile. Also, the cages are empty. That doesnt explain the gems.  They normally sit in the trade depot for years.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 10:19:37 am »

Large gems are bugged.  They're supposed to go in finished goods stockpiles, but finished goods stockpiles don't have a material option for gems, so large gems never get stockpiled.

Cages go in animal stockpiles.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 10:26:51 am »

I've had cages with animals like capybara in them, but those dont get stockpiled either. Like I said, I can only move them by building them. (The animal stockpile has an empty cages option, right?)         

Bart0vds

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 11:46:37 am »

You know i had a similair problem and you might want to go check the orders menu (o) and check if all hauling options are enabled. also make sure they are claimed, to do this press d > b > c and then select the cages. (this only has effect if the cages were forbidden). then finally you might want to delete and place your animal stockpile again to make sure the settings are correct. hope it helped  :)

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 11:49:42 am »

Thanks all

Manic Typist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 12:08:35 pm »

Threadjack-
I have a cage with a dead cabarya in it. I've built it, and connected it to a lever and pulled the lever.

The body is still inside. Any suggestions on how to dispose of that body? I can't use that cage for a cage trap until it's gone...

Hey, wait. Could I transfer all non-thief goblins into one cage to save myself cages?

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2011, 12:10:54 pm »

Dump it.

Yes.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2011, 12:12:18 pm »

Try dumping the body. Also, cages can hold infinite amounts of creatures, so yes.