Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tales from Nobdatan (Twoiron)  (Read 760 times)

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tales from Nobdatan (Twoiron)
« on: July 02, 2011, 02:34:23 pm »

I felt like writing up a story so here I am.

Dwarves in the year 550 had no Civilizations. Wars, Mythical creatures, Hunger.. all of these had eventually taken many dwarven civilizations. The dwarves ended up joining human communitys, as humans had always been their allies. However, some dwarves hid away quietly. They were apart of the ancient civilization The Paper of Rinsing. They wanted to rebuild, make dwarven civilization fully rise from its ashes and take its rightful place in the world once more.

Several groups had been sent by the Paper of Rinsing to set up towns and citys. One of the groups, known as The Ardent Steel had been sent to a distant mountain. The dwarves arrived, struck the earth and made an outpost. Dwarves from both the Paper of Rinsing and human lands migrated over to their town. The town was called "Twoiron". One of the dwarves said it was a good name, claiming it was like the old iron of dwarves being reforged with another piece of iron into a mighty hammer. Some dwarves laughed, some agreed. But everyone agreed that Twoiron was going to be the spark that ignites the flame of Dwarven kind once more.

However, a year or two when Twoiron was founded they had dug right into a cavern. The dwarves cleaned up the Crundles that infested the place around them. However one day..

"Bah, stationed in the Cavern. A waste of time." a dwarf grumbled. A marksdwarf. "Yeah, well blame the noises coming from here at night. You've heard the rattleing." Havoc, the speardwarf said.

Suddenly, the rattleing they spoke of was heard again. It was loud though. The dwarves looked at each other. Havoc rang a bell they had set up, it was to ask for more forces. The noise grew louder, the marksdwarf set up position, and Havoc readied his spear and shield. The noise was joined with a loud insane cackle.

Slithering up close to them was a huge rattlesnake. It had external ribs and four stubby horns on it. It appeared to be emaciated. Its cardinal scales were large and close set. Venom oozed from its massive fangs. A beast forgotten in the mists of time, had shown up. It was known as "Thrireg Gogolomsos".

"Sssso, it appearsss that little onessss have dug too deep. My brothersss were right. Thisss passsssage will be the one that ssssetssss ussss free upon the world.. and remove the world of the weaker racesssss!"

Havoc and the Marksdwarf looked at the beast in horror. Suddenly, Havoc let out a battle cry. "Attack, KILL IT!" A few bolts were loosed at the creature, hitting it in a couple places. The beast was hardly affected, slithered at the marksdwarf and bit down upon his throat. It shook him around, tearing his jugular and let go. Blood flowed from its mouth, and it let out another loud cackle.

Havoc rushed the beast, stabbing at its tail inflicting a gash. The beast tried to bite him but he rolled away and managed to slash it in the head. The beast let out a painful screech before going berserk and lunged at Havoc, biting his head off. It was then the reinforcements had arrived. Too late, but they charged at the beast.

"For Nobdatan!!" shouted a Hammerdwarf, running and the enraged beast. She clobbered it and blocked a few attacks from it. However, the beast clamped down upon her leg, ripping it off, then ripping off the other one. The Hammerdwarf bled to death. After taking down three dwarves, the beast laughed once more. "If thisss isss all you little onesss can do, the ssssurface will ssssoon be reclaimed!"

Determined for vengence, two dwarves ran at the beast. Captain Saw, and Commander Morigan. Captain saw slashed at the beasts chest, causing several cuts, while Morigan stabbed away at its tail. The beast was bleeding badly, but managed to bite the arm of Captain Saw, ripping it off. Saw was told to flee. He managed to not bleed out and survive.

Morigan remained, dodging and blocking blows. "You should have NEVER picked a fight with dwarves!" she said, stabbing it and causing a big wound. The beast looked at her with its evil eyes. "I.. will break you..!" it said moving in to kill Morigan.. but she was saved. Nefarian, another hammerdwarf had arrived and stunned the beast, and knocked it to the ground. Morigan and Nefarian stood over the creature, looking at it. "I... am jussst the firssst.. my brothersss will... find you.. you.. will not... ssssurvive..." it hissed out. Morigan raised her spear before plunging it into the beasts head. "Slither to hell, wretch." she said as she ripped out the spear.

Nefarian looked to his commander. "Forgive me for being late." he said. Morigan smirked. "Its alright, I owe you my life. Looks like we'll have to bury out brave brothers.." she turned to the corpses. Nefarian nodded, before helping carry them up to the halls.

A funeral was held for the soldiers. All of them respected as heros for their bravery. After the funeral, the commander went to Captain Saw in the hospital. "You alright?" she said looking at the one armed dwarf. "Im alive, but im missing my left arm. But im fine."

Morigan looked at him sadly. "You can retire now, if you wish." she said. Captain saw looked at her with a smirk, scratching his chin. "I may be missing an arm, but I will do my duty. I will do it until I die of old age, or die in battle."

And with that, Captain Saw became Captain One-arm. A skilled swordsman, who used a shield and a Iron Shortsword with his remaining arm.

AND thats all for now. I just felt like writing a story up. I'll write more later on, since after this there was some more stuff! Thanks for readin'.

Conan

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm running out of stone!
    • View Profile
Re: Tales from Nobdatan (Twoiron)
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 03:41:46 pm »

Nice read, graphic violence.

Too bad more dorfs didn't die, four is pretty good for an FB. At least, in my opinion.

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tales from Nobdatan (Twoiron)
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 02:59:51 am »

Thanks. This was actually my first Forgotten Beast. I was also suprised more of us didn't die. Nefarian's Hammerdwarfness did alot in the fight though.