Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Fate of the World  (Read 3621 times)

engy

• Bay Watcher
  • Military | Science | Consumer
    • View Profile
Re: Fate of the World
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2011, 05:40:26 am »

I suspect one of the most important things to do at the beginning of a game is run the Eco campaigns that change the regional outlook
This option works really well for the Fuel Crisis; however, I couldn't get it to work on Three Degrees.  The really good thing about the Eco Campain, is those little green hearts, it's what keeps countries happy and it's only $15 so you can run it all the time.  It makes it vastly faster and more effective to implement green measures like Cap and Trade, and Vegetarian Revolution.  They country will also do less stupid things, like clear cutting their forests again.

However, it makes them hate Artifical Climate Change measures (Eco-Fanatics hate it 2x as much as the Tobin Tax), which I found you need for Three Degrees.  I think Storm and Drought Defenses are the way to keep them happy at the start. 

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2011, 06:28:59 am »

Quite realistic really, the developed world suffers more and dislikes ecochange more than nations which derive little benefit from it in comparison.

Ill edit the fix to uninstall zonealarm, thanks!

I suspect one of the most important things to do at the beginning of a game is run the Eco campaigns that change the regional outlook

I agree here, it helps enormously and costs little(15).

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2011, 07:06:18 pm »

Hey, cool, a Fate of the World thread!

I got this a while ago on a bundle, and was pretty impressed by it. I've tried the first challenge a couple of times... I have to keep oil production above a certain level, and no area can have an HDI of less than 0.7. I actually thought that was 0.8, so was working frantically to get them all to 0.8 before 2080 and managed... except for India! I can NEVER do that to India! It's always full of smog, people dying everywhere, and craploads of bad stuff happening. I didn't want to consider using the really nasty black ops, but after reading this thread I'm considering it...

Any strategies there? The technological development is always low, even though I'm funding higher education from day 1, funding health stuff, famine stuff, etc etc. I don't know, I think there's a lot of depth I'm missing here!

Someone give me a hand :)

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2011, 10:14:17 pm »

$5 on Steam, or 10 euros (~$15) on GG.

Hmmmmmm.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.
Pages: 1 [2]