Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mysterious blood  (Read 593 times)

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
Mysterious blood
« on: June 29, 2011, 11:56:26 pm »

I channeled out some tiles next to the river so I could fill a room with water (the river will freeze). The dwarf fell in, and stumbled down the hallway I forgot to seal. However, there was a lot of blood being splattered around. If it means anything, I'm in a dual haunted desert biome and another haunted desert biome, and at the time, a school of shad was swimming by.

If you wanna know how it turned out, you may be disappointed. I managed to save the floor by making stairs into the aquifer below so the water could drain, then finishing the walls I started.

edit: his puppy was bleeding

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
Re: Mysterious blood
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 11:58:06 pm »

Your dwarf was injured by the fall, and was bleeding everywhere.
Check the combat reports, it will probably say he jammed a bone through the skin or something.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 12:01:08 am »

or that dwarf already had blood on him from something else the water would have washed it off of him and spread it to the walls and floor. If you 'k' on a bloody wall it will show you the blood which is named for it's source creature.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 12:05:31 am »

or that dwarf already had blood on him from something else the water would have washed it off of him and spread it to the walls and floor. If you 'k' on a bloody wall it will show you the blood which is named for it's source creature.
I'm thinking this. Had a few snatchers and I can't find a dwarf with the name. And the only injured thing on my health screen is the puppy.

Also, It turned out I didn't make the water room right anyways. But I got an aquifer I can use instead. YAY AQUIFERS!