Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wagons in caravans?  (Read 1015 times)

The Button

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Wagons in caravans?
« on: June 30, 2011, 09:50:51 am »

The wiki says that a trading caravan needs 3 tiles wide to access the depo with a wagon.  I've cleared forests and paved roads but the traders still show up with pack animals. . . .what am I supposed to do?

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wagons in caravans?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 09:52:04 am »

The wiki says that a trading caravan needs 3 tiles wide to access the depo with a wagon.  I've cleared forests and paved roads but the traders still show up with pack animals. . . .what am I supposed to do?
nothing, wagons are broken and never show up. Well, you can wait for the next release, the news are promising

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 10:49:15 am »

I -believe- paved road to edge still helps with accessiblity and route control, if you uses shift-d to check for deport access. I haven't used paved road outside in a long time so take that with a mountain of salt  :D

ohgoditburns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 10:56:11 am »

As nanomage said, caravans are bugged at the moment.

When they are fixed, if you haven't put down a paved road, forests can crop up on the path to your fort. The solution, as always, is magma.
The landscape routinely being soaked in flammable fluids somehow seems less than benevolent.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 11:03:17 am »

Magma only affects anything in the plot it is in. Trees stop magma from entering the tile they are in. Therefore, trees seem to be immune to magma.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 11:33:54 am »

I have heard that the 3 tile wide depot route still works. Build a paved road from the edge to the main gate. Leave a three tile wide access route to the depot. Then build a drawbridge on each side of the road to the map edge that raises toward the road. Raise them  to act as a wall.
 Its been said that the caravans will arrive at this point, but liaisons, sieges, migrants, wild animals will still appear anywhere. This deserves some experimentation
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration