Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Best Mods for Adventure Mode?  (Read 1276 times)

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Best Mods for Adventure Mode?
« on: July 05, 2011, 02:07:10 pm »

I know Genesis has some basic leather/stone/bone crafting that can be done in adventure mode, but I haven't found much else as far as mods that are good to have (and it doesn't look like genesis changes much else adventure-wise other than having more creatures/etc).

First of all, is there a tool that simplifies picking up/putting away items, etc? It would be nice if things could be selected like in the trade window rather than repetitious one-thing-at-a-time stuff.

I know there are complex ways to use dfusion and other programs to create your own little site out of a fortress and get healing, etc., but are there any that allow a little self bandaging? Any that change combat somewhat?

Is there an uber hardcore mod that forces you to start at odds with civilization? This combined with the crafting in genesis would be pretty awesome, rather than having the option to go almost straight away and suit up in iron with a decent weapon after a few kills.

Sorry for rambling, but it doesn't look like much of this exists and I'm fishing to see if there are any obscure mods not listed in the main list here in the forums, or if I simply missed some extra features of some of the larger mods.

(EDIT)
Sorry, some of the questions still stand but I overlooked a thread ( http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=86997.0 )from a few weeks back about adventure mode mods where they mention battlecraft: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=85777.0

Also, the extension to wanderers friend, blacksmith's friend: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=85890.msg2320376#msg2320376

Not sure which would be better.

Again, sorry for the clone thread. But, again, is there some tool that makes inventory management easier?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 02:32:14 pm by Isher »

micha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Best Mods for Adventure Mode?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 07:03:02 am »

(p) and (r), once i found them, turned out to be much faster than my earlier 'drop and pickup' strategy. i don't know of any tools, but just in case you're not using those keys, they are quite worthy .. especially when you start crafting all your own stuff with the wanderers mod and realize that you can just hold all your tools without putting them away between uses.

having two backpacks and a pouch for coins help a lot too.

also not a tool, but the trick where you playing a macro as you are recording it can really make aimed combat a cinch.

also posting to watch... cause inv mgmt is quite annoying... at least until you no longer care about gold or inventory at all.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
Re: Best Mods for Adventure Mode?
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 10:31:38 pm »

If you want to craft in Adventure mode, I recommend using Wanderer's friend and Blacksmith's friend together.

Or just Wanderer's friend. Blacksmith's friend just lets you do more stuff like crafting with metal. Only problem with using it is that it takes a lot of pain and toil to get forging working, and then you die and it all goes to waste.

So I recommend installing them, then only using them if need be. Otherwise, just loot people.  :D