Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Jacos' Ultimate Badass Peasant Challenge!  (Read 5313 times)

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Jacos' Ultimate Badass Peasant Challenge!
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2011, 03:48:33 am »

Unmodded, Acite Akerathebe the human outsider.
low strength, below avg agiilty, dropped the spear and the dagger on start.
day 1
Asked the local peasantry for quests and found out the locations of some bandit shacks:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Wow, the place looks quite troubled, and that's not nearly everyone.
Lets go to Guki's camp first.
Horror! I am ambushed by Greatest Controls with Rithma Patternedboyish as leader on the way to Guki's!
A crossbowman and a spearman and a hammerman!
I tried to run away and stumbled upon a wolf pack.
Some of the wolfs attacked my pursuers, but one went after me:

Being alive from bandits and wolves, i took nightly shelter in the hamlet of Musicshowered in three hours' walk from Guki's shack.

Day 2

Arrived to Fierywads at noon without any more adventures and sneaked around a bit
Apart from Guki, there's a Spearman and a bag in his camp i took a bag and went to the nearby town of Mellowbastion.
There's a bronze helm and a llama wool skirt and the bag itself should be valuable -it's made from giant tiger leather and has some decorations.
I tried to trade it but somehow i only have a backpack now and all my golden coins are dissappeared, so i think it's all shopkeepers' treachery!

Day 3

Well' i should be off for adventuing again, then.
I went to the Blue fortress of Redwire, with walls of pure cobaltite. It's deserted now, and dreaded rhesus macaques guard it:

I was tired after the fight, but five foul beasts were dead and the others fled. Victory!
Time to harvest some meat and then go to sleep.

Day 4.

Ah sorry no meat because i have no stones of other sharp tools. I travelled to the east, to great city of PagedBlazed.
The band of Greatest controls who tried to kill me on my way here has their camp near it. Okay i'll avenge them by looting their camp!

I have sstolen a bag, a chest, and some clothing from their camp and they never noticed! hahaha fools lets go to the shopping district!

Day 5

This time i was more lucky in trading and i woke with a battle axe, a crossbow with 75 bolts, greaves, boots and a breastplate.
Time to complete my vengeance quest and exterminate the Greatest Controls!
I sneaked to Tongsshade in th morning and, erm, rained bolts on their puny heads, yeah
The maceman i did not see when they attacked me, so he deserved a quick death by a bolt to his throat.
I stuffed some bolts into their captain and his thugs to prolong their suffering but then i ran out of them and had to retreat after looting maceman's corpse.

By selling his items i managed to complete and upgrade my armour, i now have a full set of copper and bronze gear and more bolts.
People here in PagedBlazed have no iron so I'll have to return to the thieves of mellowbastion if i want iron weapons or armour.

Day 6

emptied a quiver into the bandit captain, but to no avail.

I'll go to some other bandit camp then. Slept th night in the village of TuftedDune.

Day 7
Early in the morning i arrived in ObbeyedDashed, the camp of Lastta Patterncrews the Swordsman, stole a bag and a chest and fled.
It was enough to upgrade my gear to full bronze and buy 75 more bolts. Back to the hated Greatest Controls!

Finally killed the captain after shooting 48 bolts at him. Also killed his hammerman servant, but the spearman dissappeared.
i looted their corpses and i'm now back to the city to report my success, collect followers and go on a murdering spree.

Day 8
Hmm wait no followers lets go kill off another bandit camp. I return to TuftedDune and slept a night there.
I tried to attack the bandits again but my arrows seemed to have no effect on them at all so i blamed the devilry and went back to town
There i recruited two followers with bronze knives and the next day we'll be off to kill a horrible monster of the night.
Buqui Skullsrained the Wicked Woman Spouse bragged he had killed Atup Begcraddles and will kill us too.
Indeed, he was powerful. Both my companions fell to his wrath and i ran away and he chased me.
Oh well he didn't really chase me but i ran as if it was.
The thing was armed, that's why he must have been so deadly.
I slept the night on a beach to the north of MellowBastion.

Day 9
I returned to Guki's camp but all of my bolts seemed to magically miss the target again, so i went to MellowBastion.
I recruited another two companions here, not saying them what happened to previous two.
Day 10
We went to exterminate Aquos Wetfishes the Shadow Creature Husband.
This creature was pathetic, weak and small, and we bashed it to the ground and hacked it to pieces easily with my brave companions.
Our next target will be Umbeh Bootwhisk.
This one had a lair in a thick forest.
He had killed three persons before, and among them Olith LungTheater, law-giver of the silvery Confederation. It was a Wicked Woman Spouse, too,
a large and dangerous monster, but at least this one was unarmed.
I was lucky to damage its leg quickly, but it bit Asri, my Peasant companion, in the upper body and latched firmly, taking him to the ground as it fell.
We were hacking at the monster like mad and it was shaking Asri around with horrible roars, and it was all screaming, blood and madness.
There was so much blood in the damned monster, and i thought it will never end. But it ended.
Monster bled to death finally, or what it has instead of death. Victory!

Day 11
Asri has a massive jagged scar on the upper body after this battle.
We have held a small party after our vitory and we decided to call ourselves the NightBusters.
Alnos Toeheld will be out next victim. it's a night monster too, but we are yet to determine its exact type.
It was a Shadow Creature Husband too, a small and harmless type of monster.
I attacked it head on, expecting an easy fight, but how i was wrong. It would have killed me if not for my brave friends!
I latched on the monster's leg an was shaking it around when it managed to gore my upper leg, chipping the bone.
I only could stumble back and lost consciousness, but my friends saved me, finishing off the beast.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 09:21:56 am by nanomage »

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2011, 10:46:17 am »

The second post about Acite Akerathebe, as the first has become too long. I think i'll have to post less combat log, this is going to be the last.

Again, we slept in the lair until morning. We should call it some kind of cleansing ritual, i think.

Nightbusters are after EcshaGearedWard now!

Day 12
It was a wicked Woman Spouse again, and it had killed two persons earlier and it was armed.
The horrors of my first battle came live to my mind and i was about to flee, leaving my friends at the mercy of the monster, of which it had none.
But i now knew that they are possible to kill, and the fight began!
I changed my mind on the second turn though and ran away for my life.
the "fight" was actually the monster brutally stomping my companions with me running away asap until i could hide.
Nightbusters are no more. I slept the night in a nearby abandoned fortress.

Day 13

Again, i was alone and i felt like a traitor. Only now i noticed that i'd lost my axe in combat.
After night, i went to the nearest village of Entervale to tell the tales (and the lies) about my adventures.
Omitting some details, i persuaded two more peasants, Alho and Jonic, to join me.

I also asked for more quests and was given many targets, among them Shessat TundraRaven  and Erthok TaxBronze the Shadow Creature Husbands.
Many others were wicked women spouses, and i was severely afraid of them now.
The lairs we needed were far away, so it will be a long journey. Maybe Nughtbusters will be back some day.

Day 14

We almost made our way to Shessat's lair and stopped in the village of Castleseal to sleep.

Day 15

We were at Shessat's lair in the morning and attacked the monster. I had no axe now so i had to fight with a cleaver that i picked in one of
the monsters' lairs. I was careful now, remembering that even Shadow Creatures can be dangerous. We mobbed and stomped it until it bled to death.
Somehow my companions knew it was my kill. Flattering. There was a camp of the goblin bandit Tode Hatredivory and i decided to visit that, too.
After all, goblins are no less foul than night monsters, and the earth should be cleaned from them as well.
We ran toward the goblins, who were apparently caught unprepared and could not build a combat formation.
We were quick to kill an axegoblin and a hammergoblin, but then they overwhalmed us and killed jonic the peasant. Alho and i ran away,
and a speargoblin was chasing us. When i felt she is close, i chrged at her and knocked her over and bit her left arm.
I think we can call it a draw:

We returned to the goblin camp though but Alho was almost killed by their arrows this time. Tode was injured too though,
and i finished him in my third raid. Along with all other goblins. Alho caught a bolt to his heart and died. Too bad.
I collected all giant cave spider silk items and went to the beach to sleep before the night fell.
It was a hard day i think!

Day 16

I went to the nearby city of Toolnight to find that it was completely deserted - noone here at all. In nearby villages, though,
i was met like a hero, and the peasants told me to go to Allymerges, to find Rushan Ledmeet and receive a quest worthy of mine.
Its strange  i don't feel like a hero at all.

With two more companions, we are off for new adventures, namely to the camp of Stosdub Reinghouls.
On the way, though, one of my companions jumped into a river and drowned. They start suspecting something, i think. I took another one.
These goblins were unprepared, too. We quickly killed their lasher and spearwoman. Then i went to take care of their boss - archer,
while my companions were distracting her hammergoblin bodyguard. looks like my imaginary herohood adds strength to my allies!
There was a pair of iron gauntlets in their camp, too. Len and Ithros, my new companions, consider me a great warrior after this battle.

Later in the day, we stumbled upon a camp while traveling in the wilds, and i decided to look who was in there.
Goblins again!
One-shotted the lasher with a blow to the head, but he had time to injure Len severely, and he dropped to the ground.
More goblins attacked - i disemboweled two more: an axe gob and a macegob, and then a swordsgoblin.
Then even more goblins appeared, i mortally wounded an axeman and cut a maceman's arm, but they swarmed and wounded Ithros.
I beheaded another macegob with an opportunity shot. but they were too many.
Desperately, i rushed to attack to save my meatshield friend - it was too late, the four goblins killed him and turned on me.
They had an archer backing up, too.
I beheaded one more of them, and one more bled to death from previous injuries. I hid myself behind a tree so that the archer couldn't get me and waited.
When he was near the tree, i jumped on him and wounded him mortally. The other goblins ran away. Cowards.

Wow, she has really become tough. Agility is now average, and i was surprised seeing her beheading and disemboweling goblins that easily. She's got a crapload of kills now.

EDIT: argh. more goblins attacked, and a master with thme. All goblins die easily by now though - you knock them to the ground and then you just hack at whatever looks green.
argh that's not end - more goblins attacking, and a boss with them.
Day 17
Recruited another companion, his name is Cobi.
Day 18
Both companions left somehow. returned to city and recruited two more, En and Sinur. We slept in the open for the first time, it's scary.
No one attacked though and we reached the lair of Erthok TaxBronze and killed the tiny monster in an easy fight. wow i'm still alive.
4 scars now, proficient axeman, adequate shield/armor user and professional fighter. I guess it's fighter skill that helps the most.

Ufortunately i've lost my adventuring diary entries up to day 27 or so.
I travelled to the lady with two companions, but they were killed by strange bandits, who only attacked companions but not me. I recruited new ones, but we were attacked by elves again and again i was the only survivor. Then i had to fight off bogeymen and killed five.Then i finally got a quest for ettin's heads and tried to kill him with two peasants, but they both died and i fled.
It's just amazing that an adventurer whose whole life was fleeing and running managed to become quite a tough fighter.
I see some similarity to Pratchett's Rincewind here :)
She would have been killing dragons by hundreds right now if not those challenge rules.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 03:04:11 am by nanomage »

Jacos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2011, 11:03:44 am »

Who else loves to give their peasants names that suggest they will die painfully?

I once had a peasant adventurer who's last name was 'Painfulfuture', or something like that.
Dwarven Science: We do what we must, because, we're bored.

Every few miles, [the dwarves] stop the cart.  One of the dwarfs (sic) gets off, digs a hole down below the dirt layers, licks the bedrock, and then they know exactly where they are.  It's called GPS: Geological Piquancy Sampling.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2011, 05:40:05 pm »

just wow!ar devil attacked our party and
i recruited a miner and a woodcutter and returned to attempt the etting wuest again, but this time there was no ettin! instead, a bear devil attacked our party
i just can't help to post the log it's too awesome to miss

Yeah looks like the thing's habbit to strangle its enemies spelled its doom.
well that was mainly me hacking at the demon while the others were taking the beating (and dying from it), but isn't that the whole point of df adventure mode?
actually i'm quite afraid of playing her anymore. i doubt severely she could do any better than kill a demon.
i also did what any self-respecting adventurer would do in my place:
munchmunchmunchomnomnomnomnom

You pick up the Urithilith‚me's corpse and put it in your frill shark leather backpack.
You drop Urithilith‚me's corpse.
You butcher Urithilith‚me's corpse.
You pick up the prepared bear devil heart [6] and put it in your frill shark leather backpack.
You eat the prepared bear devil heart [6].
You drink the Thiefnights's bear devil goo.

Tastes like SAAATAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Returned to Rushan's castle and apparently she did not object that i killed a Bear Devil instead of an ettin. She gave me a quest for the roc, but i'll not go there. I have some experience with rocs from earlier game, and the experience is mainly them tearing of arms and legs and lower bodies through any kind of armour.
So i guess i'll just spam surroundings tomorrow and go kill some easier monsters.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 05:59:45 pm by nanomage »

Barnox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2011, 07:04:04 am »

I just had a really successful peasant. I managed to kill two capybara, a goose, a giant mole and a buzzard.
I even managed to cut some flesh off a Marsh Titan!

Yeah, I'm doing really bad at this.

What are acceptable races? Just dwarves?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 05:57:06 pm by Barnox »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]