Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Friends' reactions to Dwarf Fortress  (Read 8233 times)

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
Re: Friends' reactions to Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2011, 12:44:21 pm »

I told one my very miolent friends about this game.

Me: "So there's a game you might like."
Her(Yes, literally, her): "Xbox?"
Me: "PC."
Her: "What is it?"
Me: "Dwarf Fortress."
Her: *Whatever was going through her mind.*
Me: "You can rip out dwarves hearts and eat them."
Her: "Oh hell yeah, I'll try it."

She's been hooked on it ever since, although I never told her you can't actually rip hearts out and you can't butcher dwarves.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Friends' reactions to Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2011, 07:28:29 pm »

Soon he was like fuck this fucking nerd game and  he's been laughing at me ever since.
...He's laughing at you for being nerdy? You might need new friends, or at least friends with a new sense of humor.

Another friend hates dwarfs. That's it. Just hates dwarfs.
Stupidest reason to dislike DF ever. Just mod the game and tell him/her that it's supposed to say "Elf Retreat." Anyone stupid enough to hate a game for its involvement of dwarves is stupid enough to fall for that trick.

Several of my friends and acquaintances have asked about DF, and some even listened to more detailed stuff. Strangely, I never got around to mentioning fell moods, unfortunate accidents, or tantrum spirals. My little brother dislikes it, supposedly due to its lack of a win condition. He started a couple forts (well, I started them and he worked on them some); one of these became my largest fort ever.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]