Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dust FBs  (Read 920 times)

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dust FBs
« on: June 25, 2011, 11:36:59 pm »

Dealing with them is such a pain. I have to carve out fortifications next to them in cavern and order the marksdwarves to shoot. Doesn't even work sometimes, cuz the engravers carve out a single tile of fortifications, see the FB, and shit their pants. Add to the fact that the marksdwarves insist on standing one or two tiles away from the fortifications (and therefore not shoot), it really is a pain. Anyone got any idea on how to deal with these dangerous FBs?

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dust FBs
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 11:39:49 pm »

Um, make a dedicated shooting gallery instead of carving fortifications wherever? And make sure marksdwarves can only stand next to fortifications.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 11:41:03 pm »

You can solve the standing away problem by setting up an armor or weapon stand where you want them to be, have walls and doors set up beforehand, then send in the fortification engraving. Assign the markdwarves to train at the stand and they'll move over there and automatially shoot at enemies. At least that's how I've done it for fortification, having one tile path and abusing training setting.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 05:47:49 am »

Cave-in hallway with strategically placed armor stands and doors.  Isolate with bridges. Reuse if necessary.  Bonus dwarfy points if you use to kittens to make them contaminate everything for next f.b. that comes in an get a cloud of boiling deadly dust along with the cave-in
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?