Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ways to relieve boredom before/between FUN  (Read 981 times)

CT

• Bay Watcher
  • Gah zombies!!
    • View Profile
Ways to relieve boredom before/between FUN
« on: June 25, 2011, 05:09:14 pm »

Yeah well I suffer from some form of chronic boredom when not in a battle for my life and in between said battles get REALLY bored. I need things to keep me occupied no matter how...well you get the idea. What say you Forumites?
No, yep. That's what I meant too. I want to come out of the theater completely fucked up for weeks.

rangarkash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ways to relieve boredom before/between FUN
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 05:14:34 pm »

Make a pocket-sized world and go on a killing spree of anything that walks, crawls or slithers, then keep playing after your blood lust is sated.

Gyvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 05:46:19 pm »

Megaproject.

Bonus points if it increases your defensive options (I.E. giant magma cannon)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 06:04:23 pm »

I enjoy making my own FUN. The only industry you can export is clothing! You must kill all traders! You may not embark with a pick, an axe, or an anvil! Etc!

Or download Just Embark or something and try to take over a fortress. Bonus: Also get the Fortress Defense mod and embark in a jotunn fortress.
Protips: Lock all ground-level doors. Sometimes, the soldiers will randomly become friendly, but I don't know why, and they won't attack their former comrades. The leader will also be friendly-but-useless. An Eldjotun wrestler, unconscious in th middle of the courtyard, will distract any remaining civilians.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 10:51:11 pm »

Have digging contests amongst your miners: have each of them dig a single-tile staircase straight down and see who comes out in hell first!
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

CT

• Bay Watcher
  • Gah zombies!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 12:04:59 am »

I enjoy making my own FUN. The only industry you can export is clothing! You must kill all traders! You may not embark with a pick, an axe, or an anvil! Etc!

Or download Just Embark or something and try to take over a fortress. Bonus: Also get the Fortress Defense mod and embark in a jotunn fortress.
Protips: Lock all ground-level doors. Sometimes, the soldiers will randomly become friendly, but I don't know why, and they won't attack their former comrades. The leader will also be friendly-but-useless. An Eldjotun wrestler, unconscious in th middle of the courtyard, will distract any remaining civilians.
  Explain what this just embark thing is? I assume it is a mod but some clarification would be nice.
No, yep. That's what I meant too. I want to come out of the theater completely fucked up for weeks.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 12:44:08 am »

It lets you embark anywhere. Normally, you can't embark on pre-existing fortresses and the like. This lets you do so. I haven't used it personally, but it presents a lot of new (and fun) possibilities if you're bored. I think this is the right link to it.