Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A Request: Will someone please revive this old RTD that was abandoned?  (Read 1216 times)

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63207.0

I really, truly hate to ask someone to be the DM/host/whatever, but I tried to host a forum game before and I did rather shit-tasticly at it.

So if someone would pick up the reins and re-do this I would be grateful forever.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63207.0

I really, truly hate to ask someone to be the DM/host/whatever, but I tried to host a forum game before and I did rather shit-tasticly at it.

So if someone would pick up the reins and re-do this I would be grateful forever.

To be quite frank, it's not a very innovative game. I'm not surprised it died.

What you've gotta do is have something new, something that hasn't been done exactly the same five or six times before. Netland and You All Wake Up In A Cryochamber had decently interesting premises. They provide an actual motivation to join the game, as well as to write turns for it. Try reading some of my games, or better yet, Multiworld Madness. Look at the first post of those three, then look at the first post of the game you linked to. Yeah.

If you want something done, you've got to do it yourself. Asking people on the internet to do things for you has only worked once ever in the entire history of the internet. Here, write up an introductory post for your RTD and post it here, and I'll try to give you a few pointers.

EDIT:

Now that I've taken a closer look, I can see a few things good about it. It's got a good amount of depth, and that's both a blessing and a curse. It takes too much work to make a game like that, and that's probably why it died. It's fun, sure, but you've got to be up to the challenge. It's just a bad idea with really good execution. Set that in the future, or in an alternate universe, or even the Prohibition era (you've gotta be good to make a worn out genre like that work though), and it'll be interesting.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 01:04:31 pm by Schilcote »
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile

I enjoyed being in it, and I liked the idea a lot. That's why I made this topic. Not at all to be told about other RTDs, or to have that one criticized.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, well. Be that way then.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.