Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35]

Author Topic: Worst Games You've Ever Played?  (Read 49306 times)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Games You've Ever Played?
« Reply #510 on: June 19, 2011, 03:45:02 am »

Buckaroo
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: June 19, 2011, 07:02:59 am »

Team Fortress 2
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: June 19, 2011, 07:18:59 am »

One Chance. It's a flash game, if you didn't know.

It's based on story, even though the story's utter shit. The "you only get one chance!" is simply a pathetic gimmick.

I really enjoyed it. I felt like the choices I made had some meaning and that I had to live with the consequences. What didn't you like about it?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: June 21, 2011, 05:25:48 am »

Assassin's Creed.

Story was entirely stupid, what with Altair the best assassin in the place breaking the creed so many times it was stupid within the first 30 seconds of his appearance, and predictable to boot. Altair was not the most interesting character, and was very naive on top of that.

The guard AI was also somewhat inconsistent. They could either be complete cretins, such as when you grab one of their peers by the face and jab him in the back and he falls down they don't care, or Sherlock Holmes, you kill someone run off and then think "actually, if I go back they won't know I killed him" but no, from the manner in which I was standing they deduced that I had murdered that man not 5 minutes ago.

The game CHEATS LIKE F***. If I take the time to quietly kill a guy's guards, drop down silently behind him and then soundlessly take his life I expect to be rewarded by NOT having an entire squad of bodyguards chase me out his castle, thanks.

This whole free-roaming aspect, yes, but only if you do it in the area we want you to do it in. The whole... acrobatic arsenal thing too, far too simple, the combat was very easy too. The game was a lesson in hype.

The whole cutscene-esque thing when you approached a main target too was stupid stupid stupid. I would've quite liked to have made my escape from the crowd later in the game when I knew where the guy was going with his spiel, but no. Equally so, the first target in the game, you technically break the first part of the creed by
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The only reason I finished it was because I didn't want to have wasted the money I spent on it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: June 21, 2011, 06:05:33 am »

The only reason I finished it was because I didn't want to have wasted the money I spent on it.

But if it was one of the worst games that you've ever played, didn't you "waste the money" you spent on it regardless of how much of it you completed?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: June 21, 2011, 06:34:39 am »

Global Agenda... Just finished playing it for the first time, just finished uninstalling it for the last time...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: June 21, 2011, 06:41:29 am »

But if it was one of the worst games that you've ever played, didn't you "waste the money" you spent on it regardless of how much of it you completed?

I wasted money yes, but it would have been more wasted had I not actually spent the time playing the game, to see if it might redeem itself at some point.

Turns out I wasted my time, too.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: June 21, 2011, 07:00:39 am »

I didn't get past the first assassination. It's just so sloppy compared to the second one, which I played first. And, of course, it turns out that the sudden, interface screwing shift in camera angles during acrobatic sections (which, without fail, cause me to fall) happens all the goddamn time in the first game and it caused me enough grief in the second.

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: June 21, 2011, 07:25:50 am »

I didn't get past the first assassination. It's just so sloppy compared to the second one, which I played first. And, of course, it turns out that the sudden, interface screwing shift in camera angles during acrobatic sections (which, without fail, cause me to fall) happens all the goddamn time in the first game and it caused me enough grief in the second.

Surprisingly I found the first one more engaging than the second one.
Of course the second one did away with the repetitive gameplay but it also removed one of the best features of the first one, the cutscenes.
Also, the first one had a much more interesting story than second. I only managed to get to la volpe before getting bored and stopped playing.

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: June 21, 2011, 08:05:41 am »

I have never played this game before, but it looks like the worst commercially-available game I have ever seen in my life.  Here's a complete walkthrough with some commentary.  It's only about 9 minutes long or so.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CornshaqGaming?blend=23&ob=5#p/u/59/CpucmcgH8TE

I can just imagine someone buying it, playing it through in ten minutes, and staring the screen with WTF?-expression on their face.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: June 21, 2011, 08:30:26 am »

It's based on story, even though the story's utter shit. The "you only get one chance!" is simply a pathetic gimmick.

I really enjoyed it. I felt like the choices I made had some meaning and that I had to live with the consequences. What didn't you like about it?
Things I didn't like about One Chance

1: Unrealistic story: Wouldn't they test the cure to see if it's deadly first? And how the hell did it get spread across the world? It's like they sprayed it around in invisible flying saucers.

2: The game's annoyingly glitchy (for me at least): I encountered multiple game breaking glitches and a rather annoying minor glitch.

3: The game seems to simply be "Hold down the right arrow key and read shit". Nothing else.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 08:36:00 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: June 21, 2011, 04:22:54 pm »

I have never played this game before, but it looks like the worst commercially-available game I have ever seen in my life.  Here's a complete walkthrough with some commentary.  It's only about 9 minutes long or so.

I can just imagine someone buying it, playing it through in ten minutes, and staring the screen with WTF?-expression on their face.
Oh. Oh god...
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: June 21, 2011, 04:51:57 pm »

Oh. Oh god...

I played that as a kid.  I remember thinking it was dumb but I didn't remember it being that horrible.  I think I turned it off after the first area of stage 1.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: June 21, 2011, 04:53:38 pm »

Things I didn't like about One Chance

1: Unrealistic story: Wouldn't they test the cure to see if it's deadly first? And how the hell did it get spread across the world? It's like they sprayed it around in invisible flying saucers.

2: The game's annoyingly glitchy (for me at least): I encountered multiple game breaking glitches and a rather annoying minor glitch.

3: The game seems to simply be "Hold down the right arrow key and read shit". Nothing else.

For the first one at least, I was under the impression that finding a contagion that cured cancer made them do something stupid. I never encountered any glitches and as for the last point, well, different strokes for different folks, I guess.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35]