Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Wii U  (Read 10925 times)

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U
« Reply #150 on: June 20, 2011, 03:45:33 am »

Could be the first non-handheld Nintendo console I've skipped. Ever.
Does the virtual boy count as a handheld?
Haschel, did you seriously buy a Sega Game Gear and an N-Gage?
I realize this is kind of a late reply, but... Seriously? You just asked me if I bought a Sega handheld after I state something about Nintendo non-handhelds? Maybe that was sarcasm but it feels like it missed the mark to me. And no I wouldn't consider the virtual boy a handheld, but I did get one. Aside from the irreparable eye damage it almost certainly caused, it was actually pretty damn fun!

To clarify, I was trying to say that I've given Nintendo a lot of "free passes" with their lackluster consoles from the gamecube and onward, and that the Wii U might be the point where Nintendo fails to provide some seriously needed fresh material to keep me interested.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U
« Reply #151 on: June 20, 2011, 04:27:13 am »

Looking at that piece of machinery, I can't help but wonder how expensive it's going to be. A controller with a touch-screen in it? At that size it's almost a DS. The price is gonna be pretty steep.

Does anyone know if Nintendo have said anything about the price yet? Or are they shuffling their feet and looking embarrassed whenever money is mentioned...

Well, over the last few generations Nintendo managed to make profit with their consoles themselve, rather then relying on games alone, like Sony and Microsoft.
It could be that they are planning to take the same route now, since they also plan on beefing up their graphics.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 04:28:44 am by Mindmaker »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]