Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Raw tags for butchering returns  (Read 6183 times)

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: Raw tags for butchering returns
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2011, 10:28:00 pm »

There doesn't seem to be an item token for raw skins.  There's SKIN_TANNED, but that's for leather.  I haven't experimented much with putting tokens other than MEAT and GLOB in the BUTCHER_SPECIAL tag.  Someone should try some of the other tokens and see what happens.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2011, 12:21:32 pm »

I decided to try giving skin the [BUTCHER_SPECIAL:SKIN_TANNED:NONE] tag.  Results were bizarre.

Butchering a cow with this modified tag results, in addition to the other usual stuff, a stack of cow skin [13].  This is then placed on the leather stockpile rather than the refuse stockpile.  The tanner refused to touch it, but after I built a leather workshop the leatherworker was willing to take the stack of cow skin as raw material.  The leatherworker was able to produce a single cow skin leather armor, which consumed the entire stack of cow skin.

I also tried adding [BUTCHER_SPECIAL:MEAT:NONE] to skin.  This resulted in the production of a stack of 'cow skin chops'.

So it looks like in addition to there being no BUTCHER_SPECIAL for producing a raw hide, the leather workshop is set up to consume an entire stack of leather to produce items (which makes sense since leather only comes in stacks of one item).  I suspect that the tannery is also made to consume an entire stack of raw skin to produce leather.  So even if it were possible to produce skin in stacks like meat is, it won't actually increase your production anyway.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2011, 12:39:07 pm »

The question is, how to make a stack of raw hide?  Apparently there is no actual item referred to as HIDE_RAW, but instead the TAN_MAT reaction class is used.  Very interesting...  Could there be a custom reaction to take a stack of 13 and split it into 13 individual pieces?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]