Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Veterinary Zones  (Read 691 times)

Aachen

• Bay Watcher
  • Wenzo Pilgrim cancels job: unstuck in time.
    • View Profile
Veterinary Zones
« on: June 16, 2011, 10:35:14 pm »

I haven't exhaustively read to see if I'm overlooking a better place for this suggestion. It's rather simple, and worth bringing up, so: I mean a new zone category, functioning essentially equivalent to a hospital zone, for tame animals. Within the context of the current game the Healthcare skills would be appropriate for zone-generated jobs (vets and doctors feel free to insist otherwise).

At any rate, something should be done for all these unfortunate war dogs! And my doctors always seem to be a bit rusty. Zones are easily disabled, which would hopefully mean the duck isn't being saved while the dwarf strangles in his own blood. Of course, I expect that medicine will expand in the future, so this may be untenable. At the same time, burrows make it very possible to separate the dog-walker from the rehabilitator.

I think it'd be slick to sew up copper wires (as has been envisioned elsewhere) into the war dogs (or elephants, if they work through their eating disorder).
Quote from: Rithol Camus
There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is magma.

Quote from: Chinua Achebe
.... For Cliché is pauperized Ecstasy.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Re: Veterinary Zones
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 10:58:47 pm »

The Animal Caretaker was initially supposed to be the 'vet' of the fortress. However a long standing bug causes him not to do so. Still, I like this suggestion, but maybe animal caretakers instead of actual doctors.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Veterinary Zones
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 01:15:22 pm »

I'd assume the Animal Caretaker would be the one to diagnose and feed the injured animals.