Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help: Adding every possible item to a civilization?  (Read 577 times)

Number4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Help: Adding every possible item to a civilization?
« on: June 13, 2011, 08:55:02 pm »

Well, I'm a perfectionist and I want to add every possible thing existing added to a civilization so that if that dorf likes blood thorn wood, nickel and faint yellow diamonds I'm able to get him exactly that.

Basically, something like this: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=77800.0 except that I want this for every stone, gem, clay, wood, plant, animal usw. It'll involve a lot of copypasta I think, which I intend to do myself yet I need some help setting this up.
Basically, I plan doing a reaction like in the above thread but which gives me the basic product of every category. So I'll need to know how I make a reaction to add basic stone, ore, gems (as if freshly mined), basic wood (freshly felled), clay, sand (how can I get those?) and everything else that I missed.

Likewise, I want the civ to have access to every single plant and animal, similarly to our dorfs always having access to plump helmets and cats. Can you help me there? Access to everything might invalidate the need for the wood reactions...

If someone wants the end result, I'll add it when I'm done so you can enjoy your caravans being able to bring native aluminium despite your world having minimal mineral density.

Thanks for the suggestion, but Number4 is correct: [...] it would be easier and more predictable to just be a racist.

Did somebody just rule 34 two veins of metal?