Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Master Forge Mod: Request  (Read 1178 times)

BossChase

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Master Forge Mod: Request
« on: May 28, 2011, 12:32:12 am »

Hi,

I've been looking for a mod that will build the most of the common furniture items 10 at a time. I haven't found one yet so I'd like to request one or maybe get some help editing the files so I can get the effect I want.

I'd like to be able to build bedroom and dinning hall furniture faster. Could anyone tell me how to change the number of these items built per cycle?

For example I've found out how to edit my smelter to change the amount of required items/items produced per cycle.

How do I edit the workshop to build chairs, tables, cabinets, chests, doors, and beds 10 at a time? Is it possible to smelt these items?

Thanks
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 12:51:03 am by BossChase »

BossChase

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Master Forge Mod: Request
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 11:01:14 am »

Guess this isnt an option.  :(

If any one has any ideas or things I should look into let me know.

Stormcloudy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 09:29:19 pm »

I must preface this by saying that I am no modder.

However, you should be able to make a workshop which has all of the reactions you want, using a modified recipe, such that the dorf must use ten bars as reagent, leaving ten objects as product.

It'd probably help to name it something like "Make batch of x", or something. Filling a queue on a single workshop would then leave you with one hundred items. But it would still take the same amount of time, but with less micromanagement. Probably an easier way is to build a ton of the necessary workshop and just go down the line putting them on Repeat until you've got all the furniture you want. Melt or sell the rest (or use it, I guess. But if you forget about them for long enough a thousand thrones will be hard to find room for.

BossChase

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 10:04:16 am »

Yea I'm not really a moder either. I've just learned how to edit game files. I just haven't found any game files relaited to furniture... Or forges... It must be something the requires real modding skills if it can be done.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 10:28:00 am »

I'd recommend looking at the reaction files of major mods like Civ Forge or Genesis, which have reactions to create furniture from glass. You can try to adapt those reactions for your purposes, and look on the wiki for more help.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 12:13:42 pm »

EDIT: A great wiki page called "Shaostul's guide" has pretty much all the known reaction product lines you need to make anything. You already say you are editing custom reactions, so you should have no trouble adjusting the Smelter reactions to take BOULDER or WOOD as the reagent object type for custom object output.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 12:23:04 pm by Reelyanoob »

Interus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 06:01:15 pm »

once you get it figured out, you can either have multiple product lines or turn up the percentage results.  I think the second option causes everything produced as one product to have the same quality, but I'm not even certain of that.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2011, 06:16:53 pm »

once you get it figured out, you can either have multiple product lines or turn up the percentage results.  I think the second option causes everything produced as one product to have the same quality, but I'm not even certain of that.

It doesn't.  Quality is independently determined for each product, even if they're in the same product line.  Tested with my own mod.

This page should tell you everything you need to know for producing your own furniture reactions.

[PRODUCT:(percent chance):(number of products):(item token):(subtype*):(material class):(material subtype)]

OR

[PRODUCT:(percent chance):(number of products):(item token):(subtype*):GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:(reagent name):NONE]

*Furniture items do not have a subtype, so set this to NONE or NO_SUBTYPE.

[PRODUCT:100:10:CABINET:NONE:INORGANIC:STEEL] will kick out 10 steel cabinets.

You will likely need to create a new workshop for this task, as well, since you cannot edit the existing mason's workshop.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 06:24:37 pm by narhiril »

BossChase

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2011, 10:06:07 pm »

Thanks for the great links!

I'm trying to figure this out but I've ran into some questions. Do I need to be adding these to reaction_smelter or somewhere else? If it is the smelter I'm running into a wall. Below is the code I'm trying to use.

I've tried it without a reagent.

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:SILVER_CABINET]
[NAME:make silver cabinet]
[BUILDING:SMELTER:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:10:CABINET:NONE:INORGANIC:SILVER]
[SKILL:SMELT]

I've tried it using silver as the reagent.

[REAGENT:A:1:METAL_ORE:SILVER]

I'm not getting anything in the smelter when I create a new map and embark with all items needed. At first I thought it was my reagent code but then when it still didn't work after I removed it. (The smelter normally still makes stuff after you remove the reagent code)

So now i'm thinking its in the product code. I've tried steel and silver. Can you see where I'm going wrong?

Thanks so much for the help.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2011, 10:22:06 pm »

Thanks for the great links!

I'm trying to figure this out but I've ran into some questions. Do I need to be adding these to reaction_smelter or somewhere else? If it is the smelter I'm running into a wall. Below is the code I'm trying to use.

I've tried it without a reagent.

I've tried it using silver as the reagent.

[REAGENT:A:1:METAL_ORE:SILVER]

I'm not getting anything in the smelter when I create a new map and embark with all items needed. At first I thought it was my reagent code but then when it still didn't work after I removed it. (The smelter normally still makes stuff after you remove the reagent code)

So now i'm thinking its in the product code. I've tried steel and silver. Can you see where I'm going wrong?

Thanks so much for the help.

If you didn't tweak your entity to have that reaction, then you can't use that reaction until it is permitted.

To do that, find [ENTITY:MOUNTAIN] in your entity_default.txt file, ctrl-find [PERMITTED_REACTION], and add this somewhere in the permitted reaction section.

[PERMITTED_REACTION:SILVER_CABINET]

That should allow you to build cabinets en masse.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2011, 05:13:17 am »

Custom reaction files should have file name like this:

reaction_xxxx.txt

the first line should be:

reaction_xxxx

as well as the "PERMITTED_REACTON:" entry in entity_default.txt
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 05:15:15 am by Reelyanoob »

BossChase

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2011, 10:24:03 am »

Custom reaction files should have file name like this:

reaction_xxxx.txt

the first line should be:

reaction_xxxx

as well as the "PERMITTED_REACTON:" entry in entity_default.txt

So that means it's best if instead of adding my reactions to the smelter file I keep them in a separate file?

Everything is working great so far. I'm still trying to figure out the reagents. Looking into adding the correct number of items required to build 10 of each item. Is there a file that says this?

I haven't been able to find anything that says how many rocks it takes to build one rock table for example.

Another thing I haven't looked at yet is there a way to open these up to all types of reagents? An example would be having an option to select to build 10 tables out of whatever matireal I have in stock.

Thanks again for all the advice.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2011, 10:32:20 am »

Most things cost exactly "1" unit to produce. 1 is always used with BOULDER or WOOD, TANNED_HIDE or regular objects. Some armour etc is supposed to cost more, but a bug means it costs 1.

Bars come in units of 150, as do some other types such as drinks, liquids, powders.

Cloth is 10000 and Thread is 15000. you might have notices there figures in-game if you try and make something from cloth, in the announcements.

For 10 stone reagents you want a line like this :-

[REAGENT:stone:10:BOULDER:NONE:NONE:NONE]

And a product like this

[PRODUCT:100:10:CHAIR:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:stone:NONE]

The only issue here is that the reagent might pick 10 different stones (haven't tested the theory) but the product will all be of a single stone type, probably of the first selected stone. If it does happen like that, it could be avoided by copy/pasting like this (for 5 items):-

[REAGENT:stone1:1:BOULDER:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [REAGENT:stone2:1:BOULDER:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [REAGENT:stone3:1:BOULDER:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [REAGENT:stone4:1:BOULDER:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [REAGENT:stone5:1:BOULDER:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:CHAIR:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:stone1:NONE]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:CHAIR:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:stone2:NONE]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:CHAIR:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:stone3:NONE]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:CHAIR:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:stone4:NONE]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:CHAIR:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:stone5:NONE]

The above will produce 5 chairs while remembering which stone was used for each one.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 10:41:25 am by Reelyanoob »

BossChase

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2011, 12:01:31 pm »

Thanks to all your help I've come along way.

I'm wondering how cheese, meat, and booze is stored, is this in barrels or bins? How many of each item is stored? I would like to smelt directly into a container and i'm not sure what the best numbers would be to create full bins barrels.

I've been testing with booze but I haven't managed to pull it off the way i'd like to yet.

This option takes in 10 empty barrels and products one barrel of booze.

[REACTION:PLUMP_DRINK]
[NAME:make plump drink]
[REAGENT:A:10:BARREL:NONE:NONE:NONE][EMPTY][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[PRODUCT:100:10:DRINK:NONE:PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP:DRINK][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:A]

Would something like this be the correct way to pull this off?

[REACTION:PLUMP_DRINK]
[NAME:make plump drink]
[REAGENT:A:1:BARREL:NONE:NONE:NONE][EMPTY][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[REAGENT:B:1:BARREL:NONE:NONE:NONE][EMPTY][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[REAGENT:C:1:BARREL:NONE:NONE:NONE][EMPTY][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[REAGENT:D:1:BARREL:NONE:NONE:NONE][EMPTY][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[REAGENT:E:1:BARREL:NONE:NONE:NONE][EMPTY][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[REAGENT:F:1:BARREL:NONE:NONE:NONE][EMPTY][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[REAGENT:G:1:BARREL:NONE:NONE:NONE][EMPTY][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[REAGENT:H:1:BARREL:NONE:NONE:NONE][EMPTY][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[REAGENT:I:1:BARREL:NONE:NONE:NONE][EMPTY][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[REAGENT:J:1:BARREL:NONE:NONE:NONE][EMPTY][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:DRINK:NONE:PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP:DRINK][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:A]
[PRODUCT:100:1:DRINK:NONE:PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP:DRINK][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:B]
[PRODUCT:100:1:DRINK:NONE:PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP:DRINK][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:C]
[PRODUCT:100:1:DRINK:NONE:PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP:DRINK][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:D]
[PRODUCT:100:1:DRINK:NONE:PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP:DRINK][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:E]
[PRODUCT:100:1:DRINK:NONE:PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP:DRINK][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:F]
[PRODUCT:100:1:DRINK:NONE:PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP:DRINK][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:G]
[PRODUCT:100:1:DRINK:NONE:PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP:DRINK][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:H]
[PRODUCT:100:1:DRINK:NONE:PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP:DRINK][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:I]
[PRODUCT:100:1:DRINK:NONE:PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP:DRINK][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:J]

Thanks for the help. I'm getting tired of creating new maps to test these changes hehe.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2011, 01:32:41 pm »

Barrels can contain up to ten items, either food or booze. Also, you might want to add [PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150] after each of the [PRODUCT] tags of the reaction.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.