Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Butchery of Everything  (Read 823 times)

Butchery of Everything
« on: June 16, 2011, 12:01:54 pm »

I am kind of disappointed that in Adventure mode, you can not carve up everything. Only animals and some monsters which you would likely eat.

Why can't I chop up my enemies and take their heads?

"You are not that hungry."

Well, I'm not eating them! I just want to carry their head with me as proof of my deed! :D

Urist McCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Butchery of Everything
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 12:13:04 pm »

Maiming yourself (infected toes) and the dead (trophies/bronze colossus body parts) are definitely things that should happen.
On another note, The Butchery of Everything would make for an awesome fortress name and/or adventurer goal.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 12:23:24 pm »

Aren't awesome fortress name always good adventure goals?

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 12:56:15 pm »

I'd like to see this added to fortress mode too. In fortress mode this kind of thing should be dictated by the ethics tokens and in adventure mode entities should judge you against their ethics. So turning up with a dead sapient's head in a dwarven town should get you shunned but in a goblin tower they wouldn't bat an eyelid.

In fortress mode it is currently impossible, unless I am mistaken, to butcher the corpse of a sapient creature even if the ethics permit it. I can understand this when playing as dwarves but for when more of the races are fleshed out this kind of thing should be possible. The way your fortress/town/dark tower/forest retreat behaves should influence the way other entities think of you in a similar way to how butchering trees currently does with the elves. If you can't do evil things when playing as the goblins then why do the other races get angry with you?
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 02:07:56 pm »