Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Impulse  (Read 1120 times)

Samio

• Bay Watcher
  • ˙uǝʌǝ ʇ,uop ı sıɥʇ sı ʇɐɥʍ
    • View Profile
Impulse
« on: June 09, 2011, 03:38:32 pm »

So... yeah. Just noticed this site off of Deals 4 Downloads dot com! Good ol' Stardock. Just bought Medal of Honor for 10 bucks.
Discuss?   ;D
http://www.impulsedriven.com/

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Impulse
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 03:43:18 pm »

Stardock doesn't own it anymore. Gamestop thanks you for your monies.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 04:00:05 pm »

That's also where the fairly awesome Space Pirates And Zombies is only currently sold. Worth a look :)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 06:17:53 pm »

I thought this was covered in the Star Ruler thread...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 07:31:23 pm »

Well, now its here too.
tl;dr: It was sold to gamestop, and there was many internetpeoples yelling they won't use it anymore because of that.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 08:34:50 pm »

Stardock doesn't own it anymore. Gamestop thanks you for your monies.

Whaaaat!?

Well, it's not like I don't shop at Gamestop (from time to time).

I, for one, don't read that thread, what with not owning Star Ruler. :P
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 04:04:00 am »

I tried getting impulse to work once. That was fun. Should have just pirated the bloody game but after toying with impulse I didn't want to do anything that did not involving bashing of objects for quite some time. It was back when Stardock still owned it though.

Rabek Jeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 04:37:56 am »

Well, now its here too.
tl;dr: It was sold to gamestop, and there was many internetpeoples yelling they won't use it anymore because of that.
I tried getting impulse to work once. That was fun. Should have just pirated the bloody game but after toying with impulse I didn't want to do anything that did not involving bashing of objects for quite some time. It was back when Stardock still owned it though.

Yeah... between these two things, I don't use Impulse anymore. In fact, once the games go on sale, I'll probably be buying them off Steam instead. Already done that with one game. I can't even tell you how many times I had to pirate games and use the Impulse-given key, instead. Anything above a certain size simply won't download via Impulse. They claim it's my brand of modem, but it's been like that for years and they haven't fixed it. I have no problems with any other download managers like GoG's downloader or Steam.

Sorry. Mini-rant over.