Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Magma Steam  (Read 493 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
Magma Steam
« on: June 13, 2011, 10:27:12 am »

I am thinking about creating a fluid by the name of hypermagma, which will have a temperature many thousands of Urists above regular magma.

The idea is that when hypermagma and regular magma combine, the regular stuff will boil into magma steam, which can be weaponised.

Possible?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Doro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magma Steam
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 10:30:02 am »

how are you going to mod a liquid?
i think liquids are hardcoded and you cant make a new liquid-like liquid.
or did you think of it as booze is now? produced in alchemy workshop or somewhere and stored in flasks/vials/barrels?

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 10:33:20 am »

Um...I'm not sure actually. If it's hardcoded this will be much harder.

However, if we had a material that had a set temperature thousands of Urists above magma...but that would turn any dwarf handling it into a !!dwarf!!...

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Eagle0600

• Bay Watcher
  • Highly Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 10:45:27 am »

Yeah, you'd have to make it handle like booze or extract. No fluid dynamics. The only two true fluids are purely hard-coded, and I'm not even sure that magma has a boiling point.

That being said, this should be a good way to test that. Set temperature off, dump something hot into the magma, then turn temperature on again.
GENERATION 21:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 01:37:07 pm »

If this works, this would be overkill. It will melt anything short of cotton candy into magma and molten metal.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.