Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Civilization Specific Mounts  (Read 859 times)

Griallia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Civilization Specific Mounts
« on: June 09, 2011, 01:59:05 pm »

Is there a way to get a specific mount to spawn with a civilization 100% of the time?

The only way I can figure out is by combining them with castes. But I don't want hobgoblins giving birth to golem hounds and vice versa.

Doro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Civilization Specific Mounts
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 02:05:31 pm »

well, i think Elves are riding unicorns and gobbos are riding... Rutherers (?) and are they still riding beak dogs like they used to?

so yes, i believe it can be somehow changed what creatures your civ mounts but i dont know how that happens

EDIT: by searching wiki, i found out gobbos can mount quite alot of creatures, anything between giant bats to giant rats :o

Griallia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 02:12:42 pm »

That's an entity thing. They have something like [USE_CAVE_ANIMALS] and stuff like that.

I want my golems to mount golem hounds and only them. Not looking forward to seeing elves with them.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 03:03:34 pm »

You can kind of limit mount use via application of [GOOD] and [EVIL] tags, along with he ones you already mentioned, but unfortunately race-specific mounts are impossible, at least to my knowledge.

Griallia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 03:37:56 pm »

Well, do you have a clue how to stop golem hounds from giving birth to little golems?

Kweri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 03:55:59 pm »

Are you asking how to stop them from breeding (remove [MALE] and/or [FEMALE] tags - you need both in order to breed) or are you saying they're giving birth to something completely different?

Griallia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 04:09:09 pm »

I'm assuming they will give birth to each other.

Like golem hounds giving birth to humanoid golems.

Kweri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 06:09:08 pm »

Oops, I somehow completely missed the part about using castes.

There is no current way for castes to "breed true" in the way that you would want.

If you add male/female castes of golems and golem hounds to one creature you'll end up with golems marrying hounds and golem pairs producing hounds etc.

One thing you can do is to NOT set genders for the hounds (so that they will not breed) and then to also set [POP_RATIO:0] on them. This means they will NOT be born or migrate to your site.

Now to actually get hounds you'd need to set them to PET/COMMON_DOMESTIC and then you should be able to buy them at embark and from your caravans.

I'm unsure how the above would affect world-gen/non-controlled populations of your hounds with golems.