Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: bar/block stockpile custom settings  (Read 633 times)

dragginmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
bar/block stockpile custom settings
« on: June 10, 2011, 07:42:29 pm »

I searched before posting and could not find mention of this. So if i failes, i am sorry. Here goes:

For several releases the custom settings for bar blocks are flawed. For under the sections for bars metal and blocks stone they contain every mineable element, not just metals. Makes it annoying for making stockpiles for my metal bars and stone blocks when i want to keep them seperate.

thunktone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: bar/block stockpile custom settings
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 05:18:15 am »

(e)nable bars/blocks, (b)lock all subcategories, (p)ermit metal bars
Whenever dwarves get into melee, their first reaction is to place their baby on their head, to allow free use of both hands, and thus any headshot instead strikes the child.

dragginmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 06:16:37 am »

(e)nable bars/blocks, (b)lock all subcategories, (p)ermit metal bars
I know how to enable and disable. I think u r missing my point.

Is white sand, siliceous ooze, peat, clay, alabaster, graphite, petrified wood, chalk, red diamond,  claro opal  and about 250 other items that are non metallic needed in the bars: metal subcategory?

Why are the only 4 items in the blocks/bricks subcategory : stone (broad ranging and general) and green, clear and crystal glass?

Blocks: metal does that even make sense? Shouldnt it be blocks: stone?

All the other stockpiles seem to make sense, this seems to have been thru a salad tosser and left to wilt.

thunktone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 06:42:41 am »

I think u r missing my point.

Is white sand, siliceous ooze, peat, clay, alabaster, graphite, petrified wood, chalk, red diamond,  claro opal  and about 250 other items that are non metallic needed in the bars: metal subcategory?

Why are the only 4 items in the blocks/bricks subcategory : stone (broad ranging and general) and green, clear and crystal glass?

You're right, I missed your point. I missed it because my game is not suffering from that problem. Bars: Metal and Blocks: Metal are just metals and all the stone is under Blocks: Stone/Clay. This is DF 0.31.25, unmodded.
Whenever dwarves get into melee, their first reaction is to place their baby on their head, to allow free use of both hands, and thus any headshot instead strikes the child.

dragginmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 07:34:13 pm »

Thank you!

*notates plans to get the current version before offering any more suggestions