Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: seals  (Read 1174 times)

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
seals
« on: February 03, 2012, 11:59:15 pm »

i don't know if this suggestion has been brought up or anything and with the new game version coming at (checks several times a day) i wanted to see if there is a chance of sealing creatures like cages but... sort of like pokemon or the jinchuuriki from naruto binding a creature to an item for later use or a positive syndrome..which i can't wait for ><
it might be already implemented where i hear we should be able to make creatures from workshops in the next version but use an item for the reaction...it might be overly complicated, not be worth it, or just stupid but.. when has that stopped dwarfs? and it could help with fps?
~imagines a dwarf throwing a pokeball at a dragon~
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
Re: seals
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 12:12:12 am »

No, just no. This game does its best to not be too unrealistic and by adding Poke-balls, you make this game into something its not meant to be. If you want poke-balls for yourself, just mod them in, if and when you learn/know how to mod correctly. thanks for the suggesstion though, it was well thought out and nicely arranged.  ::)
All glory to the Hypnotoad.
Random fact: Robin Williams was once addicted to cocaine during the late 1980's/early 1990's.

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 12:22:47 am »

i didn't mean the new vanilla df to have pokeballs or anything, i meant for it to just have the capability, maybe sealing some megabeasts or something along the lines of people from the circus gone loose and to be sealed in a urn or something...maybe in 1 of the new dungeons like a pyramid holding a casket with some ringleader locked inside
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 12:29:26 am »

and it could help with fps?
Don't cages help with FPS already?

Regardless, as long as it's not in the base game ever I'm fine with this suggestion. Though I'd put this suggestion very low in the list of suggestions because honestly I do not think this is even remotely important.

Also, use capitalization. It makes you look smarter.

If you want poke-balls for yourself, just mod them in, if and when you learn/know how to mod correctly.
Maybe you should mod them in if you're going to be saying that. A man insulting another man on his driving without even touching his car doesn't have much weight in his arguments.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Avo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 02:50:58 am »

This is already in the game, but its a little bit more complicated to set up then most other objects. To start off you build a ring of constructed walls that your dwarfs can get on top of. When you've finished that you pit the creature you wish to be sealed away into your chamber before building a floor on top of it. Congratulations! You've created yourself a 3x3 poke-ball complete with a horrible syndrome spewing abomination!

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 05:28:17 am »

fps isn't the focus of the suggestion and i enjoy the RP and challenge this game offers, i'll gladly wait if this makes the list
btw capitalization doesn't matter to me, rather look not smart, gives me an excuse ;)

i hope that was your attempt at trolling avo, cause it made me rage a little reading, a 3x3 pokeball that's unmovable is a step back, cage trap and link it to a lever is a whole lot better in my opinion
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012, 06:55:13 am »

Disapointed...  :(
I thought that it was gonna be about:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
not

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 10:10:23 am »

Disapointed...  :(
I thought that it was gonna be about:
not
me too, dude.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).