Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Smithies Flooded  (Read 1166 times)

Cuppsworth

• Bay Watcher
  • Cuppy Cuppsworth, Baron of Prague
    • View Profile
Smithies Flooded
« on: June 07, 2011, 11:04:24 am »

Hey everyone! I hope this wasn't already posted but here goes.

I built a drowning chamber for goblins, and I had to empty it, my dorfs wouldn't disassemble the right end (that drained into the caverns), so I had to have them get the door, well this made the water flood into my main stairway, knocked a peon down into cooling magma, and blocked off the forges with obsidian.

Now, I can easily fix the obsidian damage, but there's still a whole lot water down there, and I need to know whether it's going to just evaporate

All the water is 1/7.
Cuppsworth has turned into the 'penny pincher'.

After the great trauma of having some one steal one penny from him he has invented a alter ego who stocks the night and fights crime in the city of Gotham Penny-Villa. With his faithful ward buck boy he strikes fear into the hearts of petty criminals everywhere.

FoiledFencer

• Bay Watcher
  • keepin' it feudal.
    • View Profile
Re: Smithies Flooded
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 11:07:44 am »

It evaporates if it is less than 2/7 deep, IIRC.
"Lithrushâst Kúdlizat: Fetidfur, the slick notch, a grizzly bear leather loincloth. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with zinc, decorated with grizzly bear leather and encircled with bands of grizzly bear leather. This object menaces with spikes of grizzly bear leather."

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 12:51:46 pm »

1/7 water will definitely evaporate. Pretty soon, probably. I think that many constructions can be built over 1/7 water anyway (or maybe that's just farms).

Nameless Archon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 01:18:28 pm »

1/7 water will definitely evaporate. Pretty soon, probably. I think that many constructions can be built over 1/7 water anyway (or maybe that's just farms).
1/7 doesn't interfere. 2/7 will cause construction to suspend.

Cuppsworth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 06:05:12 pm »

Great! Thanks guys!

After the great trauma of having some one steal one penny from him he has invented a alter ego who stocks the night and fights crime in the city of Gotham Penny-Villa. With his faithful ward buck boy he strikes fear into the hearts of petty criminals everywhere.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 06:40:54 pm »

Try using raising bridges to lock the pit. No building destroyers since it's a constructed wall on the inside, and you can connect it with a lever.

Cuppsworth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 01:50:46 am »

Try using raising bridges to lock the pit. No building destroyers since it's a constructed wall on the inside, and you can connect it with a lever.

I'm not worried about building destroyers, if they get this far in the fort then a little flooding will be the least of my problems.