Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Any Tools That Can Edit Basic Game Held Data?  (Read 895 times)

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
Any Tools That Can Edit Basic Game Held Data?
« on: June 08, 2011, 04:48:45 am »

I'm wondering if there are any tools out there which can 'hack' the save data as it is, I'm wondering if it's possible to change actual creature or history info in any way.
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Any Tools That Can Edit Basic Game Held Data?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 06:51:10 am »

Runesmith lets you edit creatures and things, but you need to have the game running while using it.

EDIT:  Also, DFHack has functionality to change things ingame. You need to write your own tool, though.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 09:06:49 pm by Ghills »
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Steele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Any Tools That Can Edit Basic Game Held Data?
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 05:00:08 pm »

I came across something the other day which may or may not do what you're wanting. I haven't tried it myself.
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3895

Edit: Actually, I don't think it'd be of any use to you.
It appears as though it's mostly an external way of doing something DF itself can do, which is compress or decompress your save..
It can extract forgotten beast raws though, which is interesting.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 05:08:43 pm by Steele »