Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Golems solved, need a bit more help! :D  (Read 1185 times)

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
Golems solved, need a bit more help! :D
« on: June 07, 2011, 01:51:17 pm »

Thanks for making me a golem, Peng! I've made several different types now, and all seem to work. ":D awesome!

I have one final question for anybody: How would you recommend making custom weapons? I want to make a special enchanted dagger which can be wielded by dwarves. How do I, persay, "Enchant" it with certain elements? Fire, ice, poison...?

Sorry :P
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 06:14:11 pm by Dave1004 »

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

penguify

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Really simple mod request...
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 02:01:07 pm »

I can give advice on how to make one, though I don't feel like making one myself right now... Basically, you can clone the bronze colossus, reduce its size to about 70000, remove the [MEGABEAST] tag, add the [PET][COMMON_DOMESTIC] and [TRAINABLE_WAR] tags, change frequency to 0, change the material to, like, wood or something, and rename it. This will make a wood golem. Replace "wood" with foo, then create a material foo, and it's all done. I think.

edit: Okay, so I did it anyway. Add this to some creature file. Currently, it's a little too strong, as the clay material is as hard as rock. Naturally, you can replace clay with whatever you like, although all soils are equally strong. So you can make your iron, steel, bronze ones. The only difference between them will be the material type, though you could make the harder metals larger and stronger if you want to.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 02:10:35 pm by penguify »

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 02:19:41 pm »

Instead of altering the soil template, you could also make a new template for clay (GOLEM_CLAY or something) and use that instead.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 02:47:02 pm »

SWEET! Thanks, Peng! I'll test it out when I get home, on my gaming computer. Much appreciation :D! Seriously, thank you xD. I seriously appreciate it. I'll nerf it appropriately, but seriously. THANK YOU xD. You've saved from having "Urist McDrunk cancelled drink: Interrupted by Skeletal Badger Boar"

Fourth time I've reclaimed this damn place. Fourth time I died...Five dwarves full military, good weapons, etc etc. Still lost. THANK YOU XD. Perfect timing too, I gotta g o back home to the farm (Durr, praise the lord for highspeed internet in town. I hate our dial-up)

:D :D

I'll try that too, Thatkid. Thanks :O!

P.S: Do I have to name the file something specific? Sorry xD. Totally new to the modding aspect. My first try I put cow's grazing speed to "5", thinking hey, at least they won't eat everything. LITTLE DID I KNOW, that lower # = higher eating. Seriously, they ate everything and were starving. Then the frogmen came...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 02:49:41 pm by Dave1004 »

penguify

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 04:23:22 pm »

You can put it in any of the existing creature raw files, or you can create a new one called foo.txt, with the first line saying foo, and the second line saying [OBJECT:CREATURE]. You need the first line to be the same as the file name minus the .txt, you see.

ps I haven't tested that clay golem at all, you'll have to try it in the arena to see what it's capable of.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Golems solved, need a bit more help! :D
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 06:19:14 pm »

Sweet, that was simple :P. Thanks xD. I just stuck it in the domestic folder...

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 06:29:35 pm »

You used to be able to make 'magic' weapons that would burn their opponents and stuff, if I recall, but it isn't really possible anymore as far as I know.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 06:37:41 pm »

*sob* oh well...Was worth a shot xD. Thanks mate!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 06:55:22 pm »

You used to be able to make 'magic' weapons that would burn their opponents and stuff, if I recall, but it isn't really possible anymore as far as I know.
You can do that now. [HOMEOHERM:15000].
Not responsible for wildfires caused by embarking with man-sized lumps of clay 3,000 degrees F above the temperature of magma.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 07:50:04 pm »

Not responsible for wildfires caused by embarking with man-sized lumps of clay 3,000 degrees F above the temperature of magma.
The weapon isn't exactly the sort of thing anyone can hold though, I thought?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 08:50:01 pm »

The weapon isn't exactly the sort of thing anyone can hold though, I thought?
I dunno, I've used body parts as weapons before, why should golems be different?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

penguify

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2011, 08:58:10 pm »

You'd use fixed_temp, and you might have to apply it to the material, I'm not sure. But that wouldn't make your golems' attacks be fire, it'd just make anything that went near them be on fire. Also, I'm pretty sure the "clay" would melt, since it's based on the soil template, which is based on the stone template, which is not magma safe. You could make them super-cold too. You could, for poison, give them a poison-injecting attack like the giant cave spider. But I don't think that's what you meant with the question.

For hand held weapons, there is no current way to give them special attack types. No poison, no fire, no cold. You can give poison attack types (and fixed-temp pseudo-attacks) to creatures, but not to weapons.