Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can someone write me the something I could add to Other_reactions.txt  (Read 772 times)

cam94509

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

so that I could make a pickaxe out of one gem and one wood at the craftsdwarf's workshop?

(I'm on a map that has far less metal than was supposed to be there, and I refuse to just create a something from nothing reaction, so I figured this would be kind of fun.)

edit: It'd be nice if it was cut gems, by the way, but it'd be awesome either way.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 01:11:14 pm by cam94509 »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile

Here you go!

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:MAKE_PICK_GEM]
[NAME:craft pick from gems]
[BUILDING:CRAFTSMAN:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:1:SMALLGEM:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:logs:1:WOOD:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_PICK:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
[SKILL:FORGE_WEAPON]

And put this into entity_default:
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_PICK_GEM]
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

cam94509

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here you go!

[REACTION:MAKE_PICK_GEM]
[NAME:craft pick from gems]
[BUILDING:CRAFTSMAN:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:1:SMALLGEM:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:logs:1:WOOD:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_PICK:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
[SKILL:FORGE_WEAPON]

And put this into entity_default:
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_PICK_GEM]

Cool! Thanks!

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, one more thing. You'll unfortunately need to regen the world for it to take effect, so I'm not sure if it'll work too well on your current fort.

One thing you CAN do is replace the contents of an existing reaction with the new reaction. If you don't ever need to glaze jugs, for example, you can copy the reagents and products over the original ones, and now instead of glazing jugs, you can craft gem picks at the kiln. I'm not sure if you can change the workshop without a regen, but you definitely need to keep the original name.

Remember this for later, you can always CHANGE reactions, but adding new ones requires a regen. This helps a ton when you're trying to debug issues with reactions.

cam94509

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, one more thing. You'll unfortunately need to regen the world for it to take effect, so I'm not sure if it'll work too well on your current fort.

One thing you CAN do is replace the contents of an existing reaction with the new reaction. If you don't ever need to glaze jugs, for example, you can copy the reagents and products over the original ones, and now instead of glazing jugs, you can craft gem picks at the kiln. I'm not sure if you can change the workshop without a regen, but you definitely need to keep the original name.

Remember this for later, you can always CHANGE reactions, but adding new ones requires a regen. This helps a ton when you're trying to debug issues with reactions.
Alright, cool, replace something, don't add something new, keep the same name. thanks.

Schattensonner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just as a note : You could change the Workshop without a regen

cam94509

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I presume the effectiveness of these gem pickaxes as a weapon would be approximately the same as the effectiveness of something made of obsidian (excluding what effects density might provide), given that neither of them have any weapons-related stats other than density.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually, obsidian has an edge, unlike gems.

Eagle0600

• Bay Watcher
  • Highly Confused
    • View Profile

You could give your gems an edge, if you want.
GENERATION 21:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.