Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mods making me crash?  (Read 435 times)

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
Mods making me crash?
« on: June 03, 2011, 10:02:59 am »

What's up everybody, I kinda need some help...

I keep getting a "Dwarf Fortress has stopped working" window (Windows 7, by the way). I checked my errorlogs, but nothing is in there that tells why it keeps getting the error and I think it might me the recent mods I DL'd which was Civ Forge and Fort Defence Basic and Challenge Mode, but heres a list of all the mods/programs I use for DF.

List:
Black Powder Firearms
Dwarf therapist
Civ Forge
Fort Defence basic/challenge
Soundsense
Runesmith
Quickfort
Dfhack
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Wyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mods making me crash?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 05:43:59 pm »

There might be severe conflicts between these mods.

Check your errorlog file.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 06:50:12 pm »

It's completely empty.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Wyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 07:02:00 pm »

I see that most of these so called "mods" are actually utilities. Maybe too many processes are trying to monkey around with DF's memory at once. At most I use Dwarf Therapist and DFusion.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 07:06:05 pm »

Yeah, you're not "crashing" you're freezing. "Dwarf Fortress has stopped working" is the non indicative error message that newer Windows OS's give you if the program is using too many resources for it's own good and has inadvertently frozen, or if the resources require for it are used up and the same things happen. If you crashed an error message would pop up from DF itself, which is always scary and disappointing.

Methinks you don't quite have quite a good enough computer to be running all of those things at the same time.