Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Me need more BONES!  (Read 678 times)

Dub

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Me need more BONES!
« on: June 02, 2011, 08:59:47 am »

I want do bone crafts, bone bolts, bone armor and etc... I want bone decorations...

I want to sell figurines made ​​of bone elves... to elves...

I want kill demons and make goblets from demon's bones... And decorate all furniture in hell fortress by demon's bones...

I want send dwarves which equipped in armor from the bones of the goblins... against a goblin siege...

It is so brutal, so epic, so... dwarvish! But I have only all these useless corpses and (partial) sceletons!

Do you know how I can make mod for bone extraction from corpses or sceletons?

ferok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Me need more BONES!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 11:33:02 am »

I'd be interested to know this as well.  The only solution I've seen was changing some tags in dwarves to allow them to eat sentient creatures - but is there something to be set on the enemies as well?

I play fortress defense, and I noticed that I've got tons of beak dog bone bolts, beak dogs being a race that occasionally sieges me.  Perhaps they're missing the sentient tag?

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 11:57:36 am »

Just change the raws so that it is "acceptable" for Dwarves to eat and butcher sentinent creatures.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 12:01:25 pm »

I believe you will need to regen the world for entity tags, such as ethics, to actually do anything. Also, if you have animal partial skeletons and such, they must be in a refuse stockpile before they will be "butchered" to produce bones.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 12:30:34 pm »

... if you have animal partial skeletons and such, they must be in a refuse stockpile before they will be "butchered" to produce bones.

Havnt exprienced this myself, though it can seem that way if you do have a refuse stockpile and a corpse that isnt in there yet. The game assings a hauling job to the body(part) before any dwarf actualy comes to haul it, and as such blocks other jobs from using it.

As for partial goblin skeletons, I accidentally had some partial succes with reactions. It picks the partial skeletons, but also some unrotted bodyparts. Its also impossible to produce bones with the reactions, best you can do is bone bars or something (which I did, it works, kinda). Thing is, the race I tested this with didnt have any qualms with butchering sapients in the first place. If reactions also take ethics into account then this is all kinda moot.

I may continue science on this later, once I finish my current armor man mod, which has been refusing to work for a good half year now.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 01:17:48 pm »

Just change the raws so that it is "acceptable" for Dwarves to eat and butcher sentinent creatures.

I had an adventurer whose raws said they could. STILL COULDN'T!
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 08:48:20 pm »

I had an adventurer whose raws said they could. STILL COULDN'T!
Adventurers can't make bone crafts either.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

Steele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 09:46:01 pm »

Adventurers can't butcher sentients regardless of ethics.
Only works in fortress mode at the moment.