Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Military Help - Dwarves Not Training  (Read 798 times)

Phanixis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Military Help - Dwarves Not Training
« on: June 05, 2011, 10:24:03 pm »

I am still having problems with the blasted military.  I have order my squad of axedwarves to train under scheduling.  At least 6 train each month out of ten.  But when set to train, it says cannot follow orders.

Is there any reason why.  They have a barracks.  At least 6 of them are freely being insubordinate.  How do I get these guys to train.  Their useless against goblins when they don't train, even with steel equipment.

Thanks.

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Military Help - Dwarves Not Training
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 10:46:34 pm »

1.Under scheduling orders, there is a minimum of the size of the squad you want to participate under any order. Might still be using the min order for an original squad.
 2.Did you remove the armor rack/weapon stand you designated for that squad to use?
 3. Are miners, hunters, woodcutters in the squad. This causes weird things to happen
 4. Do they all have access to the barracks?
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

Phanixis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 10:50:44 pm »

1) Currently the squad in session is set to active/train under the alerts.  The particular active/train alert schedules at least 5(reduced from 6) to train.

2.) Actually, their barracks was set to a bed.  I reset it to an armor rack.  Now at least some of the squad are training, but not all of the squad.

3.) No

4.) They all should have access to it.  But there is only one door, so maybe other dwarves are getting in the way.

Now I at least have 5 of them training.  A large number of others are still giving me cannot carry out order though.

furlion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 10:54:18 pm »

1. What version are you playing?
2. Can you give orders such as move, kill, etc?
3. Do you have enough equipment for all 10 of them to wear a full uniform? Try setting no uniform.
4. I am not sure how the squad interacts with/without certain members. For instance if the squad leader is not around will anyone setup demonstrations/organize sparring exercises? You could try setting the squad captain to always train and see if that helps.

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 11:06:50 pm »

Danger room.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 11:14:47 pm »

Furlion had some good ideas. With these following suggestions, I am assuming you are a new player, am not implying you are stupid, just a little ignorant of DF gameplay, lol.
 1.Sometimes, if you went back to a previous save, there is some confusion with squad members. Remove militia commander, disband the squad, reassign them again.
 2. When assigning new members to a squad, make sure they are not assigned to another squad
To see if they all want to behave, give a move order to the squad, if they all do not show up soon, there is a major goofup involved
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration