Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No King  (Read 1213 times)

aaOzymandias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
No King
« on: May 31, 2011, 07:00:43 am »

I jsut managed to becoem the capital. But when I got the "The King has arrived" mwssage, I find no king.

I do not see any changes at all in the noble menu.

I did get 4 legendary weapon users, and a lot of other dwarves.

Am I missing something, or is it a bug?

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
Re: No King
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 07:23:38 am »

If your civ had no king, you get only a message. No king will be created out of thin air. If your civ had the king, and you remember his name, use unit list to find him by the name.

aaOzymandias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 08:32:12 am »

Ah. Still, if my civ had no king, it seems off that the game should announce it. Then again, DF is not yet a finished game :)

Accoring to my civ screen, I never had any significant leaders, only elves and goblins do.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 09:44:23 am »

Ah. Still, if my civ had no king, it seems off that the game should announce it. Then again, DF is not yet a finished game :)

Accoring to my civ screen, I never had any significant leaders, only elves and goblins do.

Well, at least you've got his bodyguards. Maybe the announcement would be changed in the final version of the game, or different announcements would be possible. Or one, but more complex, like "The king should have arrived, but is long DEAD. Do you want to revive him as: a) lich b) shambling mound, c)zombie, d) skeleton or e) change political system to anarchy?".

As for other leaders, it's hard to provoke elves, but the goblin leaders should eventually arrive leading sieges. You may catch them and install the cage in a supposed throne room. Declare a meeting area and let the dwarves make fun of them. These leaders would be at least useful.