Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Add X no of type at Trade Depot  (Read 538 times)

ravensword227

• Bay Watcher
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
Add X no of type at Trade Depot
« on: June 02, 2011, 05:53:21 am »

I am not looking forward to trading several hundred stone cups.  There should be some way to select all of them at once.
Dumed Zustashlorbam, Fisherdwarf cancels Fish: Interrupted by Skeletal hammerhead shark.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Add X no of type at Trade Depot
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 05:59:32 am »

You can put them in to bins, and trade those.

Anyway due to rock types and quality levels implementing your idea is going to be quite hard.Would be nice to spare bins to.(or to not offend elves)

ravensword227

• Bay Watcher
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 10:21:40 am »

You can put them in to bins, and trade those.
Until he puts the economy mode in its not like my fortress benefits from a few hundred mugs or useless instruments.  I consistently don't think about bins because I guess I did most of my playing when you couldn't make bins out of wood, iirc.  Even then you can't tell what are in your bins on the trade screen unless you remember bin type/quality. 

Currently I am running down the list and rapidly tapping the enter key.  There has got to be a better way (other than bins).
Dumed Zustashlorbam, Fisherdwarf cancels Fish: Interrupted by Skeletal hammerhead shark.

greenskye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 01:01:50 pm »

This would probably require some major rewriting, but it would be nice to see more high level organizational features. I would like to sort more by what the player cares about (sell rock mugs) than what the game cares about (1 masterwork microcline mug, 37 fine granite mugs). The system should be able to move from less complexity to more depending on your needs/wants/interest.

That said a current work around is to just make a macro with [enter] and [down arrow].

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 07:43:23 pm »

That still takes a little while, if you're anything like me and you export nothing but crafts (and you got 2-3 Legendary Stonecrafters churning them out). It'd be good if you can simply press a button when you have an item highlighted, and it automatically selects all other items of the same type. Add in additional buttons for select all by material, quality level etc...
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

nomad_delta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 08:12:12 pm »

I agree the Trade Depot select screen could use some improvement, it's lame to have to hit down-enter-down-enter-down-enter repeatedly for hundreds of items...

Here's the incredibly simple Trade Depot Select-Whole-Screen macro I wrote and use; if you're not familiar with macros, just copy the whole text and save it as "\data\init\macros\SELECT ALL.mak" to add it to your game.  Then fire up DF and press CTRL-L once in the game to load it, then CTRL-P to play it.  It just does the exact same thing as repeatedly pressing enter-down-enter-down-etc but much faster and easier.  If you've move dozens of bins of stonecrafts to your depot and you're selling them to the filthy elves this automatically select all of the items *inside* the bins but not the bins themselves so you won't piss them off with wooden items.

--nomad_delta

Code: [Select]
SELECT ALL
SELECT
End of group
STANDARDSCROLL_DOWN
End of group
SELECT
End of group
STANDARDSCROLL_DOWN
End of group
SELECT