Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Legendary Weaponsmith.  (Read 5521 times)

igarai

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Legendary Weaponsmith.
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2011, 10:49:34 pm »

Are there any IRL axes? I can't seem to find any by these fine gentlemen.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2011, 11:15:49 pm »

not very many that look any good, most usable axes look like the cheap ones.
this might suit you.
http://www.gen-smide.se/damaskalteng.html

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Bluetounge".
Material: Damasteel
Weight: Approx. 1,5kgs

2. This is IRL, not DF.

3. Let's see you do that.
I am 3rd gen blacksmith, not great with weapons or aesthetics. If it works, use it.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 11:25:22 pm by Lord Inquisitor »
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Poindexterity

• Bay Watcher
  • Listen to my album at www.oldschoolpoindexter.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2011, 12:10:14 am »

Personally, I'd get more aesthetic pleasure out of a masterwork steel sword than an artifact golden axe, because I think function comes before form, not the other way around. Well, I'm not going to argue taste. The extreme it has been taken to is quite notable, at least.

a few of us are with you, but we are the minority.
Life (in dwarf fortress) is a cocophany of flavours, each more succulent than the last - why not sample them all?!

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2011, 12:15:03 am »

Personally, I'd get more aesthetic pleasure out of a masterwork steel sword than an artifact golden axe, because I think function comes before form, not the other way around. Well, I'm not going to argue taste. The extreme it has been taken to is quite notable, at least.

a few of us are with you, but we are the minority.
I agree. Function over form.

Montague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2011, 12:24:45 am »

I'm sure his works take a lot of time and skill to create. All that finely detailed engraving, detailing and the craftsmanship in total is superb, but I bet if you worked the knife hard enough it would snap in half like so many of my other tools.

I think they are more of a *<< - Steel Slicing Knife - >>* then a *Slicing Knife*

Number4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2011, 12:37:07 am »

20. I guarantee my workmanship for my lifetime. While no one can guarantee a knife against neglect or abuse, and nothing is unbreakable, I fully stand behind my workmanship, methods and execution of my pieces for as long as I am physically able.

sounds pretty convinced to me...
Thanks for the suggestion, but Number4 is correct: [...] it would be easier and more predictable to just be a racist.

Did somebody just rule 34 two veins of metal?

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2011, 06:20:45 am »

20. I guarantee my workmanship for my lifetime. While no one can guarantee a knife against neglect or abuse, and nothing is unbreakable, I fully stand behind my workmanship, methods and execution of my pieces for as long as I am physically able.

sounds pretty convinced to me...
Then you should spend a little more time scrutinizing marketing speak.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

Number4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2011, 08:34:22 am »

Nah, I'm not stupid mate. I was fascinated by his side and have a really strong feeling that he knows what he's doing. Of course he's not gonna put himself in a bad light, but on a sliding scale of quality vs. quantity, he's about as far on the quality side as one can get.
Thanks for the suggestion, but Number4 is correct: [...] it would be easier and more predictable to just be a racist.

Did somebody just rule 34 two veins of metal?
Pages: 1 2 [3]