Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Minotaurs don't get weapons in fortress mode?  (Read 1278 times)

maxs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Minotaurs don't get weapons in fortress mode?
« on: June 01, 2011, 08:00:59 pm »

These guys are pretty beastly in adventurer, but they seem to fall easily in fortress mode... I'm not sure why but maybe the lack of a weapon is one reason.

Acperience

• Bay Watcher
  • Introjection
    • View Profile
Re: Minotaurs don't get weapons in fortress mode?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 08:03:16 pm »

In the fortress defense mod they brings lashers....lots and lots of lashers....

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 08:05:48 pm »

FD makes them an entire civ, so you get whole sieges of minotaurs...

Jassam

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 08:28:15 pm »

In my latest fort, a minotaur managed to get a Cotton Candy Short sword from some hapless recruit before diving straight into the bulk of my militia in the middle of training.

Lots and Lots of stabbing, but other than the recruit he got it from there were no deaths. now if he began slashing...

Dyret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 04:07:29 am »

Heh, there's nothing more epic than beasties wrestling your weapons away and wielding them. I once had an adventurer that got lost in the caverns and ran into a bronze colossus, who after a long, drawn out battle lost it's arm, decided she wasn't any fun anymore, took her spear and stabbed her in the face. Good times.

Also crossbow-wielding giant desert scorpions. :P
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 04:33:04 am by Dyret »

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 05:03:36 am »

These guys are pretty beastly in adventurer, but they seem to fall easily in fortress mode... I'm not sure why but maybe the lack of a weapon is one reason.

They are the least dangerous guests in fortress (version .25). They weight about the same as trolls, and they even don't bring clothes I think, unlike trolls. I had an encounter when one minotaur was trying to kill a chained cat outside my wall. He was playing with the cat for so long, that a war elephant noticed it and came to help. It was 15 tiles away, and the final, after prolonged battle, was a dead minotaurs, tons of blood trails, some body parts, one corpse and two uninjured animals, cat and elephant. That elephant got name for himself. (He was later killed rather fittingly by a roc) While encountering another minotaur, after some wrestling he was able to unchain and throw a duck several tiles, so it exploded. But this is the most he could do.

Anyway, if an enemy can't kill a chained kitten for that long then he is not worthy. Which is a pity, because I wanted that minotaur labyrinth to pit goblins. But goblins would probably laugh at it.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 06:55:29 am »

FD makes them an entire civ,
I do?  :o
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Tetragenic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 08:27:43 am »

By the ALMIGHTY flying plump helmets of Armok, there's already ENOUGH things trying to kill the dwarves humans bronze colossi elves out there. Minotaurs wearing kitten leather armour would be dwarfy not effective overkill great!
Forgotten Beasts seem to be akin to Toady playing Dwarven Roulette with your fortress, as they can be anything from harmless giant worms made of mud to necrotic-gas spewing nigh-invunerable iron hydras of doom.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 08:40:07 am »

Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Dude_Jebawe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2011, 05:51:59 am »