Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Friendly Goblins  (Read 589 times)

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
Friendly Goblins
« on: May 30, 2011, 03:51:44 am »

Ok, I know people talk about them, and that the wiki says something about it... but I must say, the hundreds of forts I've overlorded have been either at WAR, or ----- with the Goblins. Never at peace. Is it reall possible in a 'vanilla' game? Do you just have to get really strangely lucky on world gen?
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Friendly Goblins
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 03:54:53 am »

I dont believe its possible to ever create a world where goblins do not war with dwarves.

With that said you can create 'friendly' goblins during Re-claims.  When you return to a fort that you have lost, any previously hostile monsters will become passive as you reclaim/embark.
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

LuckyLuigi

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Ever Savescum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 03:56:18 am »

Well...forgotten beasts won't be friendly but goblins and elves will.
Check out Time Denee's brilliant DF comics of Bronzemurder and Oilfurnace.

Batdwarf Forever !

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 04:04:36 am »

In another thread it was explained that the goblin civ "BABYSNATCHER" token makes them auto-hostile. Remove that so they react like a regular civ.

TheyTarget

• Bay Watcher
  • Memento Mori
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 11:34:16 pm »

Once I got a world where the only civilization was goblins. It was pretty glitched and somewhere around around .19 I think. Totally vanilla, but dwarf fort mode never worked it always crashed on that world. I could for some reason play adventure mode as a goblin only, there wasn't even the human outsider thing. Thats the only instance I've had of friendly goblins, and it crashed every few minutes so it's not really usable. Legends was the only thing that didn't crash. I dont know how I made the world, but it was heavy evil/good biomes and and lots of megabeasts. Oh, and the reclaim glitch worked for me.
Code: [Select]
This is a platinum warhammer. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. it menaces with spikes of platinum.
there is an image of the goblin Utes Gozrusrozsnus and dwarves in elf bone. The goblin is making a plaintive gesture. the dwarves are striking a menacing pose.
this image relates to the slaying of Utes Gozrusroz