Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Urist McIdiot cancels Sleep: Dangerous Terrain  (Read 1027 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Urist McIdiot cancels Sleep: Dangerous Terrain
« on: June 26, 2011, 11:13:01 pm »

If a dwarf is asleep and is swept into an aquifer, s/he should wake up.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Urist McIdiot cancels Sleep: Dangerous Terrain
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 11:45:45 am »

The game doesn't already do that?
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

FoiledFencer

• Bay Watcher
  • keepin' it feudal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 11:52:00 am »

I'm pretty sure they do, actually. Can you describe the situation more specifically?
"Lithrushâst Kúdlizat: Fetidfur, the slick notch, a grizzly bear leather loincloth. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with zinc, decorated with grizzly bear leather and encircled with bands of grizzly bear leather. This object menaces with spikes of grizzly bear leather."

FallingWhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 01:09:39 pm »

No, they drown, it's hard to do without an double aquifer acting as a water source.
Quote from: Spambot
Becoming a software engineering is not a piece of cake that you can slice it off a plate and gorge on it.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 01:55:30 pm »

I feel like there's a story behind this *pulls up a chair*

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Raddish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 10:03:28 am »

Surely unless they have some swimming skill they are going to drown whether they wake up or not.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 11:31:39 am »

Surely unless they have some swimming skill they are going to drown whether they wake up or not.
No better time to learn than when your burrow is turning into the new fortress cistern.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 11:38:05 am »

they will drownd, I had someone fall asleep in floor of hospital area. nothing wrong with him aside from being beak as hauler. The hospital had no window fitted due to McLazy not delivring it. The water from the fall rose a few Z due to first freeze and the first thing i know the hospital is now flooded to top and McDozygit keeps sleeping to death.

Water does not wake sleeping dwarfs, which is annoying.
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 11:55:26 am »

I'm pretty sure they do, actually. Can you describe the situation more specifically?
My miner fell asleep on the lip of the aquifer after mining some out, while the water from the just-turned-off pumps were apparently still flowing. He got pushed in and did not wake up. He drowned.

Ramps help. I had ramps.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.