Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question about possible "pets" from caravans  (Read 416 times)

Alem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Question about possible "pets" from caravans
« on: May 29, 2011, 05:54:06 pm »

Is it possible for an entity to be set up to bring humanoids as part of their caravan, like goblins or members of their own society? The only method I can think of would be to add [pet] to the relevant races and give them use any pet race, although that seems rife with possible side effects.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Question about possible "pets" from caravans
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 06:01:34 pm »

Not to my knowledge.
Try the modding subforum.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Alem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 06:04:12 pm »

Yup, just realized I put it here by accident. My apologies!

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 06:07:52 pm »

Well, there was (is?) the possibility of elves bringing tamed tigermen, and that's just a result of the tigermen having the [PET] tag and existing in the same biome as elven settlements, so... maybe? The biggest problem I can see off the bat is that humanoids would never actually exist in the same biome as their own settlements, since the civilized races don't have biome tags. You could solve that easily enough by adding a [COMMON_DOMESTIC] tag to them, though.

I do seem to recall someone saying that if you gave dwarves some combination of tags, you could buy them on embark, and afterwards they'd appear as "extra" naked peasants that could then be given jobs and equipment as normal. Regardless, this would probably work similarly to how tigermen do in vanilla.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!