Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Advised Population cap limit.  (Read 4272 times)

Corona688

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Advised Population cap limit.
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2011, 09:20:08 am »

All it means is how new you are to the game. Every one beginning needs at least to assign pop cap at 5. After first 2 hardcoded waves, will wind up with 20.
That's assuming it works.  A great many folks have found it doesn't.  So every new player needs to set up a migrant murdering bridge and learn to engrave slabs.
You never know when you might need a berserk dwarf to set loose somewhere.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2011, 10:22:11 am »

All it means is how new you are to the game. Every one beginning needs at least to assign pop cap at 5. After first 2 hardcoded waves, will wind up with 20.
That's assuming it works.  A great many folks have found it doesn't.  So every new player needs to set up a migrant murdering bridge and learn to engrave slabs.

Er, I am a new player (mere 600 hours) and never felt inclined to make such a bridge. My immigrants always stop coming after they hit that cap, but after usual delay. I had a lack of workforce so I actually needed to lift it up to get enough dwarves. That engraving slabs things still stands though...

Corona688

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2011, 10:39:24 am »

Er, I am a new player (mere 600 hours) and never felt inclined to make such a bridge. My immigrants always stop coming after they hit that cap, but after usual delay.
Yes, which is why this bug isn't fixed yet.  It "just works" for some people -- but definitely not everybody.
You never know when you might need a berserk dwarf to set loose somewhere.
Pages: 1 2 [3]