Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Curious Animal behavior  (Read 926 times)

Alem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Curious Animal behavior
« on: May 26, 2011, 07:44:00 pm »

I am uncertain if this is a bug, or just how it works and I have never noticed before. When I send my civilians to burrow restriction, all my animals go to. Including my unassigned war trained animals AND my assigned war trained animals. Far from desirable but manageable, is this normal or did I find a way to get a little extra Fun?

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Re: Curious Animal behavior
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 08:34:14 pm »

Unassigned trained war animals do follow their trainer (out of trying to get more food for them, I guess) and stray untrained animals tend to mill about in meeting areas.

Alem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 01:39:17 am »

Thank you for your reply :).

I had noticed that behavior yes, but I was specifically referring to how when I create a burrows and set my alerts to restrict civilians to that burrow, all my animals will move there with the citizens. Including my trained war animals that have been assigned to my military dwarves, somewhat reducing their value as assigned war animals.

evileeyore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 03:36:51 am »

Thank you for your reply :).

I had noticed that behavior yes, but I was specifically referring to how when I create a burrows and set my alerts to restrict civilians to that burrow, all my animals will move there with the citizens. Including my trained war animals that have been assigned to my military dwarves, somewhat reducing their value as assigned war animals.
It might be a bug with Training... were the wardogs trained by thier current owners?  If not, they might have been following their trainer.

Alem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 03:27:54 pm »

I think that might actually be the case, as I am lazy and have a few central trainers which usually is not the military dwarf. I will look into working around that, thank you!

blizzerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 03:31:59 pm »

i usually ake the train dwarf the military dwarf that actually is going to need the dog

this way, if the dog dies the dwarf is not unhappy + the dog can be assigned to others