Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is there a mod...  (Read 1038 times)

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
Is there a mod...
« on: May 22, 2011, 02:59:40 pm »

...To automaticly set beds and tables to dwarves?
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a mod...
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 03:18:04 pm »

Just 'q' the bed and then '-' or '+' to set the room sizes. Dwarves automatically claim free beds when they need a place to sleep. You cannot do this with tables.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 03:23:51 pm »

Ok, would it also be better to use a dorm instead of a reagular bed?
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

IcarusOne

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 06:06:44 pm »

I always make dorms, except for special dwarves like the military, miners, legendary engravers and sadly nobles. The dorm using dwarves seem to be a bit displeased about not having their own room, but they usually admire a tastefully layed out statue or a fine door on the way there anyway. Haven't really had trouble with dorms so far.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 06:34:13 pm »

Dorms are just public sleeping quarters, so dwarves will sleep there if they do not have an assigned bed. They still gain the negative thought of 'not having a proper room' but at least they falling over on their faces outside. I recommend checking out the wiki page for more information

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Bedroom

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Eldrick Tobin

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: MODDING_UNDWARFY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 09:31:03 pm »

Sadly there is not a "Dwarven Apartment Manager" mod or program. A pity when you want to be nice to them, give them all rooms, but they'll only claim the bed even if they absolutely must have an office -and the chair IS an office -.-;

Sure you can do it all by hand... but ye gods when you have a 27 migrant wave... assigning tables and chairs becomes a Herculean effort.
--
Eldrick Tobin
Behold the unimpressive Aspectus Lolin mod. || My Little Arachnid Fortress attempt...
I mumble to myself on tumblr... Sometimes about DF Modding.