Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: major seed issues. need help.  (Read 563 times)

Poindexterity

• Bay Watcher
  • Listen to my album at www.oldschoolpoindexter.com
    • View Profile
major seed issues. need help.
« on: May 20, 2011, 02:22:18 am »

so when i first start, i dig one big room and make it an everything but wood stockpile, then later on, as i get more specific stockpiles going, i move things out of that one and off to where they're supposed to go.

it worked just fine until this newest fort of mine.
for SOME BLOODY reason, the main sack they keep seeds in just sits in furniture storage, despite food being disabled from that stockpile and ONLY allowed in the one "seed only" stockpile in my entire fort. neither stockpile is the original "catch-all" stockpile either.
to make matters worse, they've started just dropping individual seeds in the "plant and barrel/pot only" stockpile by the still and its really getting on my nerves.

anyone have any advice?
Life (in dwarf fortress) is a cocophany of flavours, each more succulent than the last - why not sample them all?!

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
Re: major seed issues. need help.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 03:32:57 am »

(k) the seed bag and (enter) to check it's contents, maybe some dwarf put something not-seed in there so they won't put it in a seed-only stockpile. They really don't like to re-organize the contents of containers.

I hear you about the frustrating lack of dwarven organization at times

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 06:46:15 am »

so when i first start, i dig one big room and make it an everything but wood stockpile, then later on, as i get more specific stockpiles going, i move things out of that one and off to where they're supposed to go.

it worked just fine until this newest fort of mine.
for SOME BLOODY reason, the main sack they keep seeds in just sits in furniture storage, despite food being disabled from that stockpile and ONLY allowed in the one "seed only" stockpile in my entire fort. neither stockpile is the original "catch-all" stockpile either.
to make matters worse, they've started just dropping individual seeds in the "plant and barrel/pot only" stockpile by the still and its really getting on my nerves.

anyone have any advice?
I would try setting up a stockpile that accepts only seeds then tell it to take from the other stockpiles, hopefully your haulers should move stuff around to the correct place.  Or maybe just dump the containers/seeds in question then reclaim and hope everything gets stockpiled in the correct place.

zephyr_hound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 08:21:30 am »

Sometimes bags and barrels seem to get "attached" to a certain stockpile. Remove your furniture stockpile and immediately remake it, and the dwarves should move the bag to where it should go when you unpause.
Soapmaker? Looking for a fort to migrate to? Come to Ubenudil! Lush tropical climate, friendly neighbors, rumors of terrifying curse on the land entirely unfounded. Probably.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=85057.0
This message brought to you by the Soapmaker's Guild of Isakudil.