Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Jupiter's Folly  (Read 951 times)

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
Jupiter's Folly
« on: October 04, 2011, 10:21:12 am »

New game from Iron Helmet, makers of Neptune's Pride. It looks to be a mix of their last two games with some more improvments, they are calling it an online board game.

to quote:

Jupiter's Folly extends the gameplay you already love with some great new features:

A Single Player Introduction that lets you jump forwards in time. You can learn how to play in just a few hours before jumping into a match that could last weeks or months.

A Turn-Based Mode that levels the playing field. Configure the game to step in 8 hour turns and log in just once a day. Get together with friends and play a whole game in a single day!

More Flexibility for private games. Pause your private games over the weekend. Even jump forward in time if things are moving too slow.

http://jf.ironhelmet.com/

I got nothing

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
Re: Jupiter's Folly
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 11:11:48 am »

Another great multiplayer game from them? I'll probably try it out.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
Re: Jupiter's Folly
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 11:31:57 am »

It has a single player tutorial which is fun enough for me to recommend a play. It seems they have learned a lot and have implemented some of the better elements from both games. I like it so far, but as usual my interest will probably wane after a while.

Best feature is in private games where you can control the turn frequency, therefore a group of people can decide to play out a game in one evening instead of the weeks or months drawn out thing. That's a paid feature though.
I got nothing