Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The SONiC (Slayer Of Night Creatures) Arc - What do you expect?  (Read 1697 times)

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile

The Slayer Of Night Creatures Arc, or SONiC Arc, as I have decided to call it, sounds very exciting.

According to Threetoe, we'll have the opportunity to plunge stakes through the hearts of Night Creatures, and there will be specific ways to kill them. This will make the game very interesting - you will not be able to dispatch all enemies by beheading them, as the new undead foes seem capable of fighting you with or without their vital organs.

What do you guys want to be included when the SONiC Arc is finally released?

All I'm hoping for is a whole new reason to fear the night.

You stab the Undead Elf Swordsman in the head with a wooden crossbow bolt, fracturing the skull and jamming the skull through the brain!
You drop the wooden crossbow bolt.
The Undead Elf Swordsman pulls out the wooden crossbow bolt.
The Undead Elf Swordsman stabs you in the upper body with his wooden crossbow bolt, piercing your heart!

You are deceased.

ivze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The SONiC (Slayer Of Night Creatures) Arc - What do you expect?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 02:46:58 pm »

Personally I expect that some night creatures will have a weak point in something other than physical damage.

Like a pack of something dreadful attacks an adventurer, then the adv. pulls out a crappy dagger, encrusted with Unicorn bone (or whatever special), and because of that Unicorn bone (or whatever) all the creatures are defeated easily.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 08:07:26 pm »

We may even be required to perform a certain ritual in the monster's presence to banish it. Burning a certain material or hanging symbols of a god in it's lair. Perhaps toady will even make a priest or mage a requirement to bring with you for the ritual.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 12:46:37 am »

Urist McFoul eats the +garlic bread+.

Urist McFoul exhales.

The ancient human vampire has been struck down!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 06:58:46 am »

Or maybe silver swords etc will somehow be more effective against certain monsters?

You slash the Werewolf in the upper body with your +silver sword+, tearing the fat!
The Werewolf burns and shrivels!
The Werewolf has been struck down.

Or alternatively:

The spinning -tower cap bucket- strikes the witch in the left shoulder, bruising the muscle!
The witch is deluged in water!
The witch has been struck down.
Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 07:40:03 am »

ways to "stop" creatures for a while, maybe years. So you forget about them until you're casually taking a nap next to were you defeated them last time...

the magma has been thrown against the night-creature.
the night creature becomes obsidian.
thousands of year later.
the obsidians cracks.
the night creature comes back!
the night creature roams the world. Seeking war and blood.
Night creature discovers world destroyed by dwarves.
Goes back in lava.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.