Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So, regarding Dwarf Therapist...  (Read 1204 times)

rrroach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
So, regarding Dwarf Therapist...
« on: May 14, 2011, 12:12:25 am »

Is anyone else avoiding updating past .21 so they can continue to use Dwarf Therapist? Past 30 or so Dwarves, the game becomes completely unmanageable to me, and thus, unfun. I know the common wisdom of assigning tasks to dwarves as soon as they arrive, but if most of the few hours I can spend on the game is divvying up roles, jobs, creating nicknames so I know who's military, who's really a Gem Setter though he came as a Soapmaker then I don't really want to bother.

Also, any word on new updates? I am all for starting a Kickstart or other account to offer money to someone everytime they update Dwarf Therapist everytime a working version of DF comes out. Any thoughts?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: So, regarding Dwarf Therapist...
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 12:15:22 am »

Ummmm? DT works with 31.25.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

rrroach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 12:17:16 am »

Does it? The thread says the latest supported release is .21.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 12:40:50 am »

New layouts for linux and windows version 0.31.25 have been posted online.  If you are using Dwarf Therapist 0.6.9 or later, it should download them automatically the next time you start DT with the new version of Dwarf Fortress running.  If you have a partial memory layout for v31.25, you'll want to delete it, otherwise Dwarf Therapist may not download the newest version.

If you have problems or want to update therapist manually, you can also download the layouts here:

There will be a release.

I'm less sure of when.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

zephyr_hound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 03:28:48 am »

Posting to confirm that Therapist is quite happy working with my copy of .25. I recently upgraded from .23 and was slightly surprised to open Therapist and have it tell me it had updated itself. Nice!
Soapmaker? Looking for a fort to migrate to? Come to Ubenudil! Lush tropical climate, friendly neighbors, rumors of terrifying curse on the land entirely unfounded. Probably.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=85057.0
This message brought to you by the Soapmaker's Guild of Isakudil.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 05:10:43 am »

The thread often doesn't know what's up. The project page on Google would have more current information. But just start up your old Therapist version with the new DF, it'll give you a message box telling you how to upgrade if your Therapist if you need to.

Hiiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 10:20:57 am »

The thread often doesn't know what's up. The project page on Google would have more current information. But just start up your old Therapist version with the new DF, it'll give you a message box telling you how to upgrade if your Therapist if you need to.

The latest version should update automatically without you having to do anything at all.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 11:08:15 am »

The latest version should update automatically without you having to do anything at all.
Assuming you're not running it on a machine isolated from the internet.  (Yes, such things do exist!)

Also, and maybe this is related to the fact that having a 'partial' memory layout (although in this case I downloaded the official ones, but maybe they were improved, I'll have to check) I'm still having problems with the Beekeeping not seeming to agree with the skill of that name, and I think Waxcrafting is totally absent.  (As I might have hinted, this is on a machine that's offline.  As such, I keep forgetting to compare and contrast the latest online information with what that machine's got in its configuration.)

I've also totally failed to make a custom view (leastwise non-empty) in all the time I've used DT.  I've got this page permanently bookmarked, but it hasn't been updated for a while.  I'm wondering if it's because I messed up a previous attempt to add in a new tab (when "Military" came in, as a tab, I had to rename my custom one called "Military", which I had never gotten working and could only be hidden, not completely removed).  I keep meaning to check if it stored this failure in the registry, as one of the few places it could possibly be so universally (mis)configured so as to be persistent between subsequent unpacked versions.

Just so you know, I was really wanting to make a view similar to the (now) standard Military one, but without the Siege stuff and the new Teacher/Student pairing added in as well as some quasi-military skills and attributes.  Also (if possible, but I'm sure it should be, from what I've seen), something to indicate if there are any blood relatives or pets in that dwarfs life.  You know what, now that you've reminded me that I actually want to ask these questions, I really need to actually search the forums to see if these are FAQs. :)