Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarve Golf Range  (Read 1919 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarve Golf Range
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2011, 12:28:59 am »

I thought you meant actual golf. But then I saw the word "Dwarven" in the title.
Anyway, I suggest that this new mace-spear be called the golf club. I was going to suggest 9-iron, but then you can make it out of stuff besides iron.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2011, 01:23:44 am »

Are we allowed to mod for this challance? If we are we can make a super dence hammer weapon trap and put a creature made out of something nearly unbreakable but super light on it then should make it fly to the other side of the map...
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2011, 02:22:57 am »

By the way, does bronze colossus throwing yours dwarves and dogs across the map count?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2011, 12:29:45 am »

Modding is allowed, but you get an asterisk by your record.  Thrown creatures counts as well!

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2011, 07:37:00 am »

Does the target have to arrive in one piece? My axedwarves could deliver a goblen in fragments if that's allowed.

Failing that I'll break out the armless kickboxing bronze colossus I have tucked away. What that did to my dwarves... maybe it can be replicated on a couple of captive goblins...
Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.

FrankMcFuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished Cat Cooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2011, 08:20:30 am »

Sure. This will be a breeze.

My golf club is a bronze colossus.

I will accept my medal in the mail by next week <3
Urist cancels rest injury: Too injured

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2011, 09:21:00 am »

Pieces are acceptable.  The goal is "furthest flung object" and a description of how it's done.  This is an act of science, and therefore any attempts and modding are permitted, as long as they're sufficiently explained in the report.
Pages: 1 [2]