Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: broken fourth finger of doom - A medical question  (Read 2129 times)

Chessrook44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: broken fourth finger of doom - A medical question
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2011, 09:47:50 pm »

Happened to FOUR dwarves of mine, two stuck in their rooms, two in the hospitals.  I locked the doors and waited for them to die.

gorge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: broken fourth finger of doom - A medical question
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2011, 11:48:55 pm »

Phase 1 - Poke him with a stick!:
I implemented Blade Master's wonderful suggestion of poking him until he moves.  I built an Upright Spear/Spike trap underneath the dwarf.  I added a newly built menacing steel spike.  I pulled the lever until the dwarf got hit (3 pulls).  He fell unconscious with a broken and cut open right leg.  Almost immediately a "Recover Wounded" job was triggered and he was delivered to the hospital. 

Notes:
 - A less powerful spike would probably have the same effect with less actual damage.  But knowing dwarves I feel it's best to provide a high level of encouragement to get the job done.
 - I reloaded this save 5 times during the testing.  Randomly during one of these loads, a "Recover Wounded" job was triggered and the dwarf was taken to my hospital before I could get the spike trap in place.  I couldn't replicate the situation with the same 10 idle dwarves during any of the other loads. 

Next:
Phase 2 - Smoke them out!
khearn's detailed suggestion of the support triggered cave-in sounds like it has a good chance of success.  I'll try that next.
Pages: 1 [2]