Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: kobolds  (Read 1827 times)

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
kobolds
« on: May 09, 2011, 07:08:08 pm »

no more kobolds on fortress mode? they don't come around to steal as much?

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
Re: kobolds
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 07:09:27 pm »

no more kobolds on fortress mode? they don't come around to steal as much?
They can't farm, so they all starve in year 4. You can have them by modding them to make them able to farm, or make them not need to eat.
Soaplent green is goblins!

ext0l

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 07:10:35 pm »

Or stopping world gen before year 4

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 07:15:24 pm »

aaahh rats!

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 12:46:11 pm »

I thought I had no kobolds in my world. No goblins either for that matter. The fort's fairly mature, and I just passed 10,000,000 created wealth. Suddenly:

"Thief! Protect the hoard from skulking filth!"

Just goes to show, never take anything for granted. Strange that it took them so long to go for my fort... unless they've been nicking stuff for years and we only just noticed...
Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 02:30:37 pm »

I thought I had no kobolds in my world. No goblins either for that matter. The fort's fairly mature, and I just passed 10,000,000 created wealth. Suddenly:

"Thief! Protect the hoard from skulking filth!"

Just goes to show, never take anything for granted. Strange that it took them so long to go for my fort... unless they've been nicking stuff for years and we only just noticed...
They might be a while away, and they weren't informed of being extinct yet.

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 02:31:52 pm »

I miss my kobold friends :(

One day...one day I will mod in pet kobolds. And their prefstrings will be "soft bellys", "cutesy-wutesy faces", and "magpie-like tendencies".
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 06:55:53 am »

Yeah, it'll have Kobold camps w/ 4-7 kobolds, do they not try to steal? The raws saw they have herbalist and such, they can't support a civ on that?

usgreth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 09:06:28 am »

Ahh, this is a widespread thing then. I had noticed that kobolds seemed to be extinct from starvation in year 4 and just thought it was was my worldgen being wacky :)

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 12:42:39 pm »

I counted kobolds in legends mode, there were 41 of them (most numerous group had 9 members). That's a very small number, compared to goblins, elves and other intelligent races, but they are not extinct, at least about 1000 years after my world began. Still the probability of meeting them seems to be very low.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 12:45:12 pm by Saiko Kila »