Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Embark/Reclaim Exploit, And Big Embarks  (Read 980 times)

FurryYunSeong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Embark/Reclaim Exploit, And Big Embarks
« on: May 11, 2011, 07:21:14 am »

- Using DF Fusion to embark with hundreds of dwarf is cheating, but it does not make your DF games any easier.  If two of them die in rapid succession, it's a guaranteed tantrum spiral.  And you really need to embark with additional points.  The strategy changes somewhat, and its more of a struggle to keep them all safe, since every one is a friend of every one else and don't know how to handle loss. Plus, assigning things such as 140 individual beds is a pain.  It's doing everything you can to give them a steady stream of happy thoughts, more so than the usual fortress.

- And the Embark/Reclaim thing I'm talking about I guess is old.   Abandoning a fortress (much like you would with an unsatisfying location), and Reclaiming only to abandon again (without moving anything form the wagon), stacks up the stuff very easily, giving you additional supplies to work on with very little trouble.  I recently tried stacking 4 wagons.  What I did notice is that the population and its supplies are premanently affected.  Stacking these 4 wagons with 140 dwarves each time took out 560 total dwarves from the civilization.  It turned high boots into a foreign item and caused the embarked set up to lack a few other things.

Just thought I'd throw this out there.
"An Ambush!  Curse th- HNNNNNGGG!"

Mungrul

• Bay Watcher
  • Shambolic
    • View Profile
Re: Embark/Reclaim Exploit, And Big Embarks
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 07:28:47 am »

Regarding assignation of beds:
These days I only assign beds to important dorfs. The others I just designate as unassigned bedrooms and then dorfs automatically claim them.
Makes life a lot easier :)

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
Re: Embark/Reclaim Exploit, And Big Embarks
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 07:44:19 am »

unless I'm screwed on resources, I can't see much point in this..the game is not hard to get set-up..at least not into a survival mode. It's pretty trivial to dig a farm, dig a well, and build a few beds. The game is really more about not making mistakes then it is trying to get hard to find resources that you could embark with..that stuff isn't usually the challenge.. it's getting screwed on ores, or having a baddie get into your fort or something like that.